𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 |

• just a warning there will be 2 time skips because I ran out of ideas for this chapter, and this is the second to last chapter for this book.

A Semi-Happy Ending

A Semi-Happy Ending

My emotions were all over the place, I didn't know how to feel.  From my water breaking to Hunter telling me that he's been in contact with my father for a entire month and that he's using my company to run his drug business throughout the entire city of Seattle.

Hunter was calling an ambulance as I stood in the middle of the room drowning in my own feelings and emotions as I tried to control my breathing. Why was the baby deciding to come 2 days early? This wasn't the perfect time.

He was pacing around the room as he spoke to the ambulance on the phone. He was yelling, but I was too busy drowning in my own feelings and emotions to hear or realize what was happening right now.

The pain started again, I started to scream as I leaned forward with my hands on my stomach.

"They're not going to be here in time." Hunter said as he walked over to me, putting my arm around his neck. I couldn't understand him clearly his voice was muffled and it still felt like I was drowning.

Hunter rushed out of the front door with me as I caressed him. He put me into the car, making sure I was comfortable, and made his way onto the driver's side.

We quickly rushed to the hospital.

"You have to push, Eden." The nurse said to me as she looked at me. Hunter was there holding my hand as the doctor was between my legs, coaching me as well.

"Just one more push baby." Hunter said as he looked at me. "For me." He said as he looked at me with a sly smile on his face. I pushed one last time as my screams echoed throughout the room.

After that push I heard crying.

"It's a girl." The doctor announced to the room and I sighed in relief. Hunter was smiling, I could tell from his facial expression that he was happy.

"Does baby have a name?" The nurse questioned me as she handed me the baby.

"Her name is Madeleine." I said as I cried and laid her on my chest.

The doctor let him cut the umbilical cord and the nurse let him give Madeleine her first bath.

2 months later

Hunter and I didn't want to live in fear from my father. We both went to the police about him telling them what happened with my father and the company. The company was shut down for a month after that and it was all over the news and the press.

I was ashamed and embarrassed to go out in public for a while, but with Hunter by my side I soon got over it. It took me a while to forgive Hunter as well and for him to gain my trust again. It wasn't hard for me since I loved him dearly.

We also made out of the small condo and moved closer to the middle of the city in a house. Since we had our own family now we needed our own home, a bigger space.

After Madeline was born, Hunter and I grew closer. Closer than we ever were before, closer than we thought we'd ever be.

I was madly in love with him and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

I also started to communicate with my mother more. After she heard about my father's arrest and the birth of our daughter she started to visit more.

We were spending the weekend at Hunter's parents place. Hunter had told his mother the truth about his father and it broke her, it felt sympathy for her. I was standing on the patio, looking out over the water. They had a lake that covered their backyard.

"How're you feeling?" Hunter said as he stepped out onto the patio and stood beside me.

"I just needed some fresh air." I said as I looked at him giving him a small smile.

"How's your mom?" I questioned him as I expressed a saddened expression on my face.

"She'll be okay." He said as he nodded his head and rubbed his hand on the small of my back. "There is something I want to ask you though." He said as he looked at me.

"What is it?" I questioned him as I raised one of my brows.

"I know we've been through a lot together and I don't regret any of it." He said as he took a pause, pulling a box out of his pocket, and kneeling down on one knee.

I gasped as tears started to stream down my face.

"Eden Isabella Steele, will you marry me?" He said as he questioned me with a compassionate facial expression.

"Yes!" I immediately said afterwards as I nodded my head with teary eyes.

He stood back up with a smile, taking the ring out of the box, and sliding it onto my finger. I smiled as I looked at it.

"It's beautiful." I said as I sniffled, looking at it before wiping my eyes.

"Just like you." He said as he pulled me closer to him and putting his lips to mine. Kissing me passionately and softly, I melted into his arms.

I had everything I wanted right here, right now.

My semi-happy ending.

I have major writer's block at the moment and I don't know when the last chapter will be out

I apologize for the time skips in this story, but like I said in the beginning I've been running out of ideas for this book. It happens all the time especially to new writers like me. Hope you still enjoyed this chapter though.