~chapter 21~

To say it has been a disastrous last few weeks would be an understatement. But let me recap: I have spent as much time as possible with Hope, trying to make sure she had her magic under control, as these traumatic experiences have a tendency to make her loose control over her magic. The Salvatore School almost shut down thanks to the fact that practically every student decided to withdraw after the three week search for Landon, and without at least 30 students, it is Virginia law that it cannot be a school.

By some miracle however, they managed to just get the 30 person occupancy. One of those students being Cleo Sowande. Hope and her got along quite well, they bonded over art. She even helped Hope build a clay sculpture of Landon out of his remains... charming, right?

Then, in an attempt to make money back for an impossible payment Ric owed, the school held a fundraiser. Lizzie, somehow managed to trap a Leprechaun that mysteriously appeared and made everyone who attendee the fundraiser to make it rain money. Fights occurred, a bank was robbed, then finally, Cleo destroyed the Leprechaun in a mall parking garage.

The Leprechaun, though, proved to Hope that Malivore Monsters were still appearing, therefore, there was a portal somewhere, that she could jump into and go back to the prison world.

Did I forget to mention... the ascendant to the prison world was destroyed by Alyssa not long after Hope and Landon left it all that time ago????

Well, or so we thought. Until MG just last night exposed that he in fact, hid the ascendant from everyone, in hopes of keeping Malivore in the prison world. Let's just say, everyone, especially Hope, isn't too happy with his secret.

And somehow, I have miraculously managed to keep up with school this whole time. Well, Josie may have slipped me some homework answers that she got from Finch- who, by the way, are basically a couple now- but, it worked out none the less.

Now, for today. Hope and Lizzie astral projected to the prison world one last time , to gather proof that Landon was alive, before they used the ascendant to travel there to get him back. And luckily, they found a note, that Landon wrote.

"Okay, so now that we have proof that Landon is alive, and we have the ascendant at our disposal, we're going after him" Hope explains.

Me, Hope, Ric, Jed, Lizzie, and Wade are all in the meeting room at the Salvatore School, looking at a map Hope laid out on the table of Mystic Falls. Josie offered to help, but Lizzie not-so-nicely kicked her out. Lizzie wants Josie to be able to for once not worry about anyone but herself, so Lizzie sent Josie off to school while we are here. One more day of missing school won't hurt me too much, right?

"Sorry I'm late" MG says as he walks towards us. "Would have helped if someone told me there was going to be a Super Squad meeting" He says.

Like I said before, nobody is super happy about his secret, hence he was not told about the meeting. I mean, a lot of the issues these past few weeks could have been avoided if he told us he had the ascendant this whole time.

"Luckily for us, there's a planetary transit tonight, which we can use to power the ascendant" Hope explains, not wasting any time on MG's comment.

"Hold on, you guys are going to the prison world?" MG questions. "Dr. Saltzman that's way too risky! We need more time." He says urgently.

"Well, if you hadn't been lying to us this whole time, we might have had more time to prepare" Hope punches back

"Okay, let's all relax" Ric says, trying to ease the tension, Hope is one comment away from snapping his neck. "MG is right. It's not ideal. When is the next celestial event?" He asks lightly.