~chapter 6~

"Stefanie, I want you to meet Raf," Hope says and points to a tall boy in front of us. "He's a new wolf. He came here with Landon a few nights ago." She smiles.

"Hello," I say to Raf and he lightly smiles. He seems tense. I can tell he is unsure about the whole supernatural school idea. "You're going to love it here, trust me." I reassure him.

"How long have you been here for?" He asks me curiously.

"Oh, no-" Hope and I both say. I let out a light laugh and she lets me continue.

"I'm human, I don't go here. I just come around a lot to hang out with Hope, mostly." I explain. "But don't worry, I'm here pretty often, so you'll have a familiar face." I smile at Raf.

"I'd like that very much" He smiles.

We look at each other for a moment and then I feel a sharp pain on my neck.

"Ouch." I say. I bring my hand to where I felt the pain.

When I look at my hand, it's covered in blood. I look at Hope nervously and soon enough, I see Mg staring at me. His veins under his eyes begin to show and his fangs slowly follow. He vamp speeds towards me and I close my eyes and prepare myself for what comes next.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

When I opened my eyes, I expected to see a bright light, or maybe even Uncle Stefan. But instead, I was met with my bedroom ceiling. I turn off my alarm and sit up. That was a horrible nightmare. But also somewhat a memory? Ever since Josie put that spell on everyone, my memories have been slowly returning. The dream I just had was a memory of when I first met Raf, but it didn't end with me bleeding or Mg attacking me, that part was a nightmare.

I brush it off and start to get ready early this morning because I agreed to help Hope with watching the portal. Well, by agreed I more so mean that I told her I was gonna be there and ended the call before she could say anything.

Once I'm ready for the day, I head straight to town square. I met with Hope sitting on the bench, daydreaming.

"Hey" I quietly say, snapping Hope out of her trance.

"Oh uh, hey" Hope says as she puts away some kind of large crystal.

"What's that all about?" I ask, gesturing to the crystal.

"It's nothing" She brushes off.

"One con about my memories being back," I look at her. "I remember how you are and that you put your hair behind your ear when you're lying." I point to her hair, as she brushed it behind her ear, "Now fess up" I raise my eyebrow and put my hand out, waiting for her to give it to me.

She sighs and hands it to me. I start to examine it. "It basically lets me see people and talk to them. Well, not the real them, it's kind of like a replica of them?" She admits.

"And whose replica may you be talking to?" I ask.

"I use it to talk to Landon, or a replica of Landon, I guess" Hope looks at the ground and fiddles with her hand.

I look at her sincerely. "Hope..." I sigh.

"I know, okay? You don't have to say it. It's stupid and pathetic and I should pull myself together and talk to the real him. It's just," she sighs. "He remembers now. He knows what we were to each other, he knows how I feel about him. But, when I was gone, he found Josie, and now he's left to decide between us. I mean, what if he doesn't choose me? What if I'm not who he loves anymore? Or even if he does choose me, does that mean I'll loose Josie?" Hope rants.