Our Last Moments TW

TW: DEATH
Includes: Greenflame angst but it's also kinda sweet?

"You mean the world to me, Kai, I... I should've protected you..." Lloyd painfully whispered to Kai as the both of them struggled to stay conscious.

"Lloyd... it's ok... please... let's not spend our last moments... with regret..." Kai strained to turn over. Lloyd's eyes welled with tears as he reached for Kai's hand.

"I... Kai... I'm... I'm so sorry..." Lloyd's voice broke as the pain in his side seemed to take over all of his other senses. He wished he could go back in time and protect Kai. Kai gave him a sad smile.

"Lloyd... my sunshine..." Kai slowly reached his hand over and wiped Lloyd's tears. "I love you... please... don't blame yourself for this..." Kai cupped Lloyd's cheek in his palm, all he wanted to do was kiss him one last time. Lloyd just cried more at Kai's words. The end was drawing nearer and Lloyd was terrified.

"I-- I love you too, Kai..." Lloyd managed to say between his gasps for air. Kai could tell that this was his last chance. He mustered all of his energy into pulling himself close enough to Lloyd, and he kissed him. Lloyd continued to cry. Buildings crashed down in the background, there was screaming, and gunshots. The battle carried on. No one cared about the lovers taking their last breaths together. When Kai let the kiss go, Lloyd gave him a painful look.

"I'm scared..." He whispered. Kai couldn't hold back his tears any longer.

"It'll be ok... I'm here..." Kai smiled at Lloyd, who gave the slightest smile back. They both took one last breath, and let their eyes rest.