Panic When Things Get Real

Includes: platonic or romantic Greenflame, a panic attack, comfort, and you'll never guess who........ Best big brother Kai 🤭
Tbh I had no idea what to name this 🤸‍♀️
Also why is this so similar to the last oneshot?? They were written 3 weeks apart tf

“Lloyd? Lloyd!?” Kai ran over to Lloyd who was trembling in the corner from fear and the cold. Lloyd's breathing was deep, quick, and sharp, Kai's instincts instantly set in. As the others ran up, crouching down in front of Lloyd as well, attempting to check whether he was ok or not, Kai quickly swatted at their hands, giving them a glare when they asked what was his deal.
Kai slowly turned back to Lloyd and took a deep breath. He gently placed his hands on Lloyd’s tear-ridden cheeks and instantly his head shot up and terror filled his eyes. Lloyd’s natural instinct was to kick but quickly, with the gentle yet forceful clasp of Kai's hands, he realised that it was only his friends in front of him — but his mind was yet to truly believe it. His breathing continued deep even as his expression softened from terror to the still panic that acted as a scar from what he’d just been a part of.
“Hey, hey, it’s ok, it’s ok, I promise,” Kai’s touch became even more gentle and he slowly moved his hands down to Lloyd’s hovering arms, ready to protect himself in natural instinct. Kai carefully took one of Lloyd's hands and slowly moved it upward and released Lloyd’s fist. “Look at your hand and follow my instructions.” Kai gave a look at Lloyd whose eyes were darting between his hand and Kai. Lloyd’s breathing caught in his throat for a second and he gave the tiniest nod that he understood. Kai gave him a warm smile and continued. “As a move my finger up your finger, breathe in until I reach the top. Then, as my finger moves down your finger, breathe out until I reach the bottom. Rinse and repeat. Got it?” Kai’s voice was soft yet firm, he didn't want to scare Lloyd but he wanted him to listen, and listen well. Lloyd took one last look at Kai, his chest still heaving, before finally letting his eyes drop onto his hand. He had to physically hold his mouth shut with his other hand to hold his breath until Kai started moving his finger.
Lloyd and Kai silently worked together, Kai moving his finger slowly up and down, outlining the shape of Lloyd’s hand, and Lloyd breathing his best. Soon they reached the last finger, and Kai briskly but softly took hold of Lloyd’s hand in both of his as Lloyd leaned his head back and gulped down his remaining tears. But as soon as he opened his eyes, he found Kai’s warm and welcoming ones and he felt the sobs build in his throat all over again. He sniffled and squeezed his eyes shut as he quickly leaned forward, sitting up on his knees, and leaning into Kai with his weight. He was so exhausted that his sobs were barely even that, they were more like futile cries full of incurable pain.
Kai had barely even registered Lloyd’s half-hearted hug before he hugged back. Taking another deep breath, he shushed Lloyd until he fell silent — apart from the inconsistent hiccoughing. As Kai went to turn to his friends, he quickly realised that they were no longer at his side. Slightly panicked, he caught his breath, but when he looked behind him he realised they’d only stepped away to give him and Lloyd some space, as well as to keep a look out — they were still, after all, in the middle of a warzone. He smiled to himself, letting go of his breath as he looked back down to the top of Lloyd’s head buried in Kai’s chest.
Kai carefully stood up, keeping Lloyd steady in his arms until he was able to pick him up, giving him a reassuring smile before Lloyd felt embarrassed. Soon enough, from just pure exhaustion, Lloyd fell asleep in Kai’s arms to the sound of their hushed voices talking about going back to home base.