1 - First Day

Evan Lennon is an average 17 year old boy. He's a jock and one of the most popular kids in the school. He's a very kind and caring person, who likes to help others. Everything was perfect until a certain somebody came into his life and rocked his world, just in the wrong way, but if you're going to understand Evan Lennon's story then we will have to start from the beginning.

"Evan, come on! We're going to be late!" I hear my sister Kate yell. I quickly pull down my shirt and grab my bag from my desk chair and I rush downstairs. She looks over at me from the front door as I grab leftover toast off a plate on the dining room table, and in one swift movement, I turn and rush over to her. "Ugh, finally." She says.

I roll my eyes and flick her hat off her head and say, "Shut up, loser." And I walk past her and I walk out the door.

"God, you're so annoying." I hear her say and she follows behind me.

"Bye, guys. I love you!" Our mum yells from the front door.

"Love you too!" Kate and I say in sync before we get into the car. I close the door and she turns the key in the ignition. "Y'know," I look over at Kate as she pulls out of the driveway. "You could be a little nicer to me, seeing as you don't have a license and I give you rides to school everyday." She says and I reach out and take the hat off her head and she yells, "Hey!"

"One. I'm taking my test on Friday." I lean back after I put the hat on and I look over at her. "Two. We go to the same school." She rolls her eyes then glances over at me and I say, "And three. You know you love it."

She laughs and says, "Hardly." I grin at her and I turn back in front of me and I move the hat, so it's covering my face instead.

I get out of the car and close the door. Kate walks over to me and snatches the hat from my head and she walks past me. "See you later, loser."

I grin and shake my head. I walk over to the school gate and I walk in as much as could before I get tackled to the ground. I groan and turn on my back and I look up to meet eyes with my best friend, Barrett. I laugh. "Get off me!" I groan out and push him off me. He stands up and grins down at me as he lends his hand out to me. I take it and he pulls me to my feet.

"Just keeping you motivated for tryouts." He claims. He then pulls me into a short hug and we pat each other on the back and I step back.

"How nice of you." He laughs. "How are you? Everything okay at home?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah. Things are better."

I nod again. "Good." Barrett has been my best friend since elementary school, we met over our other best friend Celeste. Barrett kept to himself most of the time, he's kind of a quiet nerd but we love him. Last year, things got bad. Barrett's parents were going through a divorce and he went through some heavy ass depression, he even tried to kill himself over the summer. Celeste and I spent the entire summer with Barrett after he was released from the hospital, we stayed over at his house almost every night and went to the amusement park almost every day. It seemed to bring him out of his depression, so we were just happy to help because some people don't get that lucky. It was the best and worst summer ever. "Come on, mate. Cel is probably waiting for us." I say as I pat him on the back. He nods and turns and walks into the school and I follow him. We walk to our shared form and walk inside. I see Celeste and I walk past Barrett. She stands up from her seat and smiles at me. "Hey, Cel." I say and I wrap my arms around her small figure and she wraps her arms around my neck as she stands on her tippy toes.

"It's so good to see you, Evan." She says and I laugh and step back.

"We saw each other yesterday." I say.