Chapter 5

Brock dreaming:

"Reba, after all these years, I know where my heart lies." Brock confesses.

"What do you mean, where you're heart lies?" Reba asks.

"Don't marry him!" Brock pleads with her.

"What?" Reba said, confused.   "Brock, we've been divorced for 15 years!"

"Reba, I'm still in love with you." Brock confessed.

"Brock, let me tell you something." Reba confessed.  "I've been over you for a very long time."

"Well, I lied when I said I was happy with Barbra Jean all these years."

"Well, I'm sorry, Brock, buy I'm marrying Jack." Reba says, firmly.  "I'm in love with him."

Present:

"So Brock, please wake up soon!" Barbra Jean pleads to a comatose Brock.  "I miss you.  And I need you."

As Barbra Jean leaves Brock's side, his finger twitches.  Just before Reba comes in.

"Brock, so help me, if you leave me stuck with Barbra Jean, I swear, I will never forgive you." Reba says, jokingly.  "I don't want to to start a new married life with Barbra Jean in my face."

Brock's finger twitches again.

"Brock, your finger moved." Reba praises.

She runs out to give everyone the good news.

"He moved!" Reba yells in the hospital corridor.  "Brock moved his finger!"

"Mom!  What's all the commotion?!" Cheyenne asks.

"Brock, moved his finger!" Reba announces.

"Oh, he's waking up!" Barbra Jean, excitedly.

The doctor comes after a nurse calls him.

"What's this I hear about Brock waking up?" the doctor asks them.

"Doctor, Brock moved his finger!" Reba informs him.  "Doesn't that mean good news?"

"Well, I will go examine Brock and get back to you all."

The doctor heads into Brock's room to examine Reba's claim that Brock's finger moved.  The doctor came back with even more good news.

"Well, everyone, Brock is indeed waking up." the doctor informs them.