Chapter 7

Jack and Reba arrived at Jack's parents' farm, where Jack's parents had a delectable meal already made for them. Sitting down to a dinner of fried chicken, corn on the cob, coleslaw, mashed potatoes—all of Jack's favorites.

"That was a delicious meal, Mrs. Morgan." Reba thanked her.

"It was nothing, really." Ella said. "I'm really outta place when I'm not in the kitchen. Cooking is my life."

"That's true." Jack told Reba. "Mom was always had some delicious snack made up when my brother and I came home from school."

"Well, I just wanted my family well-fed."

Jack got up from the table and helped Reba get up from her chair as he pulled it out from the table.

"Mom, dad, Reba and I have some business to do in town." Jack informed his parents. "We'll be by later tonight."

"Okay son." Ella told her son.

"Jack, what are we going to do?" Reba asked with surprise.

"That's a secret." Jack said with a gleam in his eye.

As Jack helped Reba put her sweater on, Reba picked up her purse and Jack and Reba were out the door. Jack showed Reba to his 'Stang, and opened the door for Reba as she got inside the car. Getting inside the driver's door, Jack started the ignition and they were off downtown.

When Jack got into town, Reba did a double take and thought she saw Brock and Barbra Jean in town.

"No, it couldn't possible be?" Reba thought to herself.

But sure enough, when Jack pulled into the church parking lot, there was Brock, Barbra Jean, Cheyenne, Van, Elizabeth, Kyra, Jake, and Henry waiting for them to arrive. Jack had planned a secret wedding for Reba and her family was in on it.