Chapter 11

In the delivery room Jake was holding Mischa's hand as the birth of their child was about to enter the world.

Mischa cried as the doctor held the baby for Jake and Mischa to see, "It's a boy!"

"A boy!" Jake mouthed, as the doctor place the newborn in Mischa's arms for the first time.

Jake watched in awe as mother and son were united for the first time, "Well, hello little one. I've waited nine months to meet you."

Jake snapped a photo of Mischa and their son, then called Reba.

"Jake, is anything wrong?"

"No, mom, everything is great." Jake happily exclaimed. "Your grandson is here!"

Jake chatted with Reba as the nurse took their newborn son to the examining room for the newborn's first examination.

Back at the farm, Reba entered the living room where everyone was waiting with baited breath at Reba's announcement.

"Well, I'm glad you're here!" Reba said.

"What is so important?" Cheyenne asked impatiently.

"Well, as you know, Jake couldn't be here because he and Mischa were about to become parents for the first time."

"Yeah, you told us that!" Cheyenne said bored.

"Well, I'm happy to report...that their son has arrived in the world this morning."

"Jake's a father?!" Brock said happily and in awe at the thought his youngest son with Reba was a father.

"Wow! Kyra said as she looked at her own two children, who brought her more joy than she could imagine, even with her impending divorce. "I'm so happy for Jake and Mischa!"

"Yeah, mom, Jake will be a good father." Cheyenne reiterated for everyone as she looked at Brock.

Everyone celebrated the news of Reba and Brock's 5th grandchild as Reba watched from afar and reflected on her life right now.