Chapter 6

The next day, Jack surprised Reba with a weekend trip to his family's farm in San Antonio. As they were having dinner that Jack had called up to their room, Reba couldn't take her mind of Brock's confession and her therapist's suggestion that she was still in love with Brock.

"Cat got your tongue?" Jack asked, when Reba failed to reply to his question.

"What?" Reba asked embarrassed by her thoughts. "I'm sorry, Jack. My mind was a million miles away."

"What were you thinking about, hun?"

"I was worried about the kids." Reba covered.

"Don't worry about them, hun. I'm sure Brock and Barbra Jean can look after them." Jack said, trying to reassure her.

"I'm so sorry. You went to all this trouble to make this a wonderful weekend and I ruin it with my worrying." Reba apologized.

"C'mon, eat up. We need to get some rest. I told my parents to expected us early in the morning."

After Reba and Jack finished their dinner, Jack walked over to Reba and kissed her, which led to some passion and nearly making love. But thoughts of Brock came flooding into Reba's mind and she pushed Jack away.

"I'm sorry, Jack, but I'm not in the mood for romance tonight."

"That's okay. How about we just cuddle and fall asleep in each other's arms?"

"That sounds nice." Reba said, and relaxed a little before they fell asleep.

The next morning, Jack and Reba got up and ate a continental breakfast before checking out and heading out to his parents' farm.