Chapter 10

"Can I get everyone's attention!" Reba said when she and the grandchildren arrived back at Jack's parents' farmhouse.

"What's so important, Reba?" Brock asked her.

"Well, I got a call from Jake while I was out at the pond with the grandchildren."

"It's just like Jake not to show up!" Cheyenne said bitterly of her younger brother.

"Well, Cheyenne, Jake has a very good reason for not being here." Reba told her as well as the rest of them.

"Yeah, I'll bet!" Cheyenne continued berating her younger brother's absence.

"Jake called to tell me how sorry he was that he couldn't be here." Reba began.

"Don't hold us in suspense, Reba." Barbra Jean exclaimed.

"Okay. Jake and his girlfriend, Mischa, are about to become parents at this moment." Reba announced.

"Jake is giving us our fifth grandchild!" Brock said ecstatically, as Barbra Jean looked on jealously.

"Yes, Brock, our fifth grandchild is about to enter the world."

"Congratulations, Reba." Jack said, as he kissed her on the cheek.

"Jack if you don't mind, can we go somewhere and talk?" Reba asked him.

"Sure, love."

Jack and Reba excused themselves from the party as they took a long walk to the same pond where Reba came to her realization.