ɴᴇᴛᴇʏᴀᴍ II her

Coming out of age was a huge thing in every clan and being the son of the great Toruk Makto put a lot of pressure on Neteyam

Coming out of age was a huge thing in every clan and being the son of the great Toruk Makto put a lot of pressure on Neteyam. He had responsibilities and as an older brother his main one was looking out for his siblings. He had no time for himself, and was always under the watch of his father. He respected his father a lot but he wished he could live a little more.

One thing he wanted was to find love, his parents love story was always something he loved to here. His mother almost trying to kill his dad at their first encounter was truly astonishing. Who would've thought that his fathers actually mission turned around to be him becoming a Na'vi and creating a family.

That's something Neteyam yearned for a Mate.

There has been that girl Kiri was hanging out with, that he liked her name was Zu'ry she was beautiful and hand a beautiful voice. He has only seen her from the distance, never upfront to shy to actually talk to her. He was also occupied with his Fathers day to day lessons about becoming the next Olo'eyktan.

His attention drifted to Zu'ry who was helping his grandmother Mo'at grind some herbs. Her long braids were put in a bun and she was wearing wearing a beautiful wooden choker necklace.

He hasn't realized that he was staring at her a little to hard. Because her eyes caught his eyes, she Look startled but habe him a beautiful smile. He felt his face heat up but smiled back.

'Neteyam are you even listening?' his father asks raising his left eyebrow. He follows his sons eyes seeing what is having his attention. He chuckles seeing Zu'ry with his Mother in-law grinding up some herbs. His son was whipped and that badly.

The Sullys were getting ready to eat dinner when their father spoke about a guest that would be joining them. Neteyam didn't budge until he heard his father said whom it it.

'Zu'ry is our guest' the so called girl made her way into the tent greeting everybody. She walked toward Kiri and Tuk and sat right next to them. On her right side she cold see Neteyam trying not to look at her. She was confused at his reaction, and turned her attention to Tuk who was eager to tell her about her day.

Jake saw the interaction and knew he had to help.
'Zu'ry you are Neteyam's age right?' he started placing the food down. Neytiri looked at him questionably but his face reassured her that he would tell her later.

'Oh, yes I think so I'm turning 18 soon' she said happily, making her eligible to find a mate soon.

Neteyam who was quiet during the conversation had a feeling what his father was doing but kept quiet. He knew he would embarrass himself if he said something. 

'Neteyam just turned 18' Neytiri adds feeding Tuk who made herself comfortable on her mothers lap.
Zu'ry looks over to the boy smiling at him.

'That's cool I don't have any friends my age, we should hang out' she beams her interests were always different from the other girls in the clan. She loved making jewelry and becoming a healer. 

Neteyam nods happily not trusting his voice, he could hear Lo'ak trying to hide his laugh so he hit him with his elbow trying to shut him up. After dinner was finished he made it his mission to get to know her better. Starting with walking her home.

'Thank you for inviting me, but I should head home' she started standing up.

'I'll walk you home.' Neteyam stuttered not making eye contact with either of his parents. When he comes back he's sure they are going to have a talk. He leads her out and walks her home towards her family tent. They talk for a while noticing that they have some similarities.

'If you want I can show you a place where you can find material for your necklaces.' he started saying hoping she would accept his invite.

'I'd love to Neteyam' she says grabbing his arm and pecking his cheek before rushing to her tent. He grins holding onto his cheek. The way back home was short and he could already hear his parents talking outside.

'He likes her and is already out of age why shouldn't he court her?' his father says to his mother. Neteyam stops and hides to listen to their conversation.

'We have promised Neteyam to one of the girls in the   Tipani-clan have you forgotten?' his mother hissed not liking what Jake was doing. She want her son to be happy but that poor girl has no idea what she's getting herself into. The arrangement was made before Neteyam was even born.

'You were promised to Tsu'tey and now look at us. Neteyam likes her and I want him to experience exactly what we had.' Jakes muttered forgetting the promise they made.

Neteyam was furious when he heard what his mother said. Promised to another? All this time he thought he could have one thing to himself. Seems like that wasn't even something he could have.

'H-how could you do this to me?' he whispers coming out of his hideout. His parents look up hearing his voice. He clenches his hands into fists trying to not burst out. His mother tries to hold him but he steps away.

'We are sorry my child it was something we have forgotten' his mothers says devastated. She never meant for it to happen but at that time the clan needed help and the Tipani clan was the only one willing to help.

Neteyam shakes his head trying to suppress the tears in his eyes. Without saying anything he went into the tent laying next to his siblings, trying to catch some sleep. He won't stop seeing Zu'ry he doesn't care what his parents did in the past. She going to be his future no matter what.