ᴛᴏɴᴏᴡᴀʀɪ II more than childhood friends?

I usually update once a day but I wanna thank you guys for reading my book and voting

I usually update once a day but I wanna thank you guys for reading my book and voting. I started three days ago and I'm almost at 2k 🫶🏾. I hope you guys could give me some feedback so that I know if like my content or not.

_____________________

You and Tonowari have been friends since you have been babies. Sharing your first swim in the ocean together, bonding with your spirit tree underwater and learning how to ride an Ilu when you guys became toddlers. You did everything together which lead people to assume that you were so called 'secret mates' sharing a bond without having bonded yet.

As we grew older Tonowari made it his mission to protect me. You always saw him as you big brother being the oldest among your siblings. So when something happens to you he always worries. You were quite adventurous yet clumsy which made him
become more protective of you. You didn't mind knowing that he only cared about your wellbeing.

You were out hunting again with the hunters of your clan. Tonowari of course didn't know you went with them. He would've talked you out of it suggesting you to do something else. But all you thought about was, making him proud. You heard him talk to his friends about one of the huntress who had a big catch last time. Hearing him admire her made you feel somewhat uneasy?

All he was talking about was her and at some point he got on your nerves. You didn't say anything loving the way he smiles when he speaks. But it sadly didn't stop at that the supposed huntress was also learning how to become a healer.

You noticed that she's everything that you weren't.

Surrounded by the water you feel happy but this happiness turns out to fade away quickly. You were a bit secluded from the other hunters but this was doomed to you. A Akula appeared off nowhere chasing you and your Ilu down. You tried in vain to get to the coast but the Akula was faster. Your Ilu got caught and you threw against the under water reef rocks. You were unconscious for a while but luckily some hunters found you before something else happened.

You were injured to the point that the way back home was painful. Due to the saltwater your wounds burned badly. Seeing your made you smile but when a clan member helped you dismount his Skimwing you noticed his apologizing face.

You frowned looking at him wondering why, when he gestures you to turn around. You see a angry Tonowari walking to you and you groan. Not only in pain also in annoyance not wanting to be lectured right now.

'Where were you.' He yelled looking you up and down he sighs wanting to pull his hair out. You were adventurous that's for sure but going outside the reef was just reckless.

'I-'

'Don't even start, what were you thinking I was concerned not only me but your mother as well.' you see your mother standing a little further from you crying. You couldn't bare to look at her and look down to your sand covered feet.

'That's enough Tonowari, she's clearly injured.' voiced Ry'ot a good friend of his. He gives you a smile placing his hand onto Tonowaris shoulder.

You quietly thank him, walking past them. Your mother walks in front of you, but doesn't enter your Mauri as you do, and goes straight to the healers Mauri. Probably to grab some ointments and bandages for my wounds.

You hold you side painfully trying to clean you wounds from any dirt. You overdid it and you knew it, having Tonowari remind you of that didn't make you feel any better.

You noticed somebody standing in front of your families Mauri. Thinking that you mother came back to scold you before she helped you, you roll your eyes. But when you turn around you don't see you mother, it' s Tonowari who's holding a wooden bowl with ointments and bandages in his hand.

'Let me help you' he grunts still angry, but his love for you overweights.

You looked at him confused but didn't question him, he placed the ointments and bandages to the ground. Gesturing you to sit on his lap you do so not looking into his eyes. You felt ashamed after his outburst in front of his friends. He grabbed your waist adjusting you on his lap, without trying to hurt you more.

He didn't speak and started to gently put some of the ointment on your arm and face. He noticed a graze on you hip pulling down the strap of your loin cloth. Your gasp at his sudden move feeling yourself turn purple. He wrapped bandages around your arms and hip with lots of care. This is a side you of him that many propel haven't seen. To them Tononwari was the next to become the clans Olo'eyktan or the strong hunter.

But to you he was your Toto

'Please don't scare me like that, ever' he said linking you hands with his. You feel the warmth of his hand providing you comfort.

I'm sorry Toto, I never meant for this to happen, all I wanted was to make you proud.' you reassured him leaning your head against his forehead.

'Proud?'

'There hasn't been a day were you haven't spoken about Ronal. How amazing she is and what a great huntress she will be in the future. It's been a while since we did something together, and when we do you only talk about her. Everything is about her, I don't want to lose you .' You say pulling back avoiding his eyes. 

There is silence between the two of you, and you aren't sure if he took offense to what you've just said.

'I'm sorry that I've neglected you it wasn't intentional. You're like a sister to me and will always be important me.' He assured you placing a tender kiss to your head.  Your heart started clenching but you didn't know why.

  One year later...

'Have you heard my child?' your mother asked weaving with you some baskets.

'What?'

'Tonowari is betrothed to that girl Ronal'

You body stiffens and she responds to this by saying, 'I really hoped for you guys to come together and mate. Would've been so wonderful, and great story to tell your children and grandchildren in the future.' She smiled thinking back to where you and Tonowari where children.

Time travels fast that's for sure

'I'm happy for him.' You say turning your back to your mother. A tears rolls down your cheek but you don't wipe it away.

Now you knew why your heart was clenching like
that when he called you, his sister.

You were in love with him, all this time.
___________________________________
requested by: rechiii_