ᴛᴏɴᴏᴡᴀʀɪ II more than childhood friends? part. 2

'Are you sure my child?' your mother asked carefully

'I want to do this mother' your voice was stern yet she knew that, something else was bothering you. After she told you about Tonowari being betrothed to Ronal your whole mood changed.

She knew as your mother that you had feelings for him in the past, but what's she didn't knew was that you were never aware of them. She felt bad about telling you about it, triggering something in you that made you wanna leave the village.

You haven't seen Tonowari in a week . You were just completely avoiding him. Keeping yourself busy with your upcoming quest preparations. You got the blessing from the current Olo'ekytan and the Tsahík, who were trilled about your decision.

'Have you told him yet?' she asked you, braiding your hair into cornrows. You shook your head staring out of your tent. The cheerful screams of the children could be heard and the splashing of water. You are going to miss all of this but you'll return eventually.

'I'll today' you lied.

days later....

You were walking down the beach after preparing your canoe for your quest. You packed all necessities and made sure that everything was secure. You took a break and decided to take a walk down the beach. While your mother continued packing food for you.

Just minutes after you left, Tonowari made his way to your Marui. He saw your mother but you he couldn't see you.

'Hello Ionia' he greeted her entering the Marui.

'Oh hello, Tonowari' she replied looking up to him.

'What are you doing?' He asked curiously, there was a lot of packed food. Your mother gave him a sad smile.

'It's for my daughters spiritual quest, you should know about it.' She said, the look on his face surprised her, and she knew that something was off.

You lied to her about telling him.

'I'm sorry, Tonowari but she told me that she'd tell you.' Your mother said feeling bad for the boy standing in front of her. He looked devastated and angry and she could understand that.