Imagine (2) cuddles w/ fiancé (edited and rewritten)

You checked your clock. 11 30 in the night. The sky was dark, there was no sound of movement on the street except for a few midnight worker commuting home. Yet, your fiancée had not reached home. He had promised, yet he was still no where in sight. Sighing, you shut your book and headed to bed, disappointed and sad. You were looking forward to his cuddles, they made you feel warm, protected and loved. Never after dating him had you once went to sleep without him by your side. Tonight was the sole exception. Usually, you weren't this emotional, but you were on the verge of crying. Sniffling and biting on your bottom lip, you settled in a used a pillow to replace him. It didn't come close, but it had to do. Slowly, you found yourself drifting asleep.
           You heard the door to your room open and lifted an eyelid. Glancing at the clock, you saw the digital numbers flashing 2.00. He was late by 4 hours. Yet he didn't even bother to check on you. Immediately, he went to get ready for bed, and your heart broke. Was he really going to do this to you? Silently, a tear fell. This was heartbreaking. He usually would not miss a beat before deciding to cuddle or hug you, but today he ignored you completely. You buried your face into the pillow to prevent sounds from escaping as you sobbed into the pillow. Then the bathroom door opened and a flustered h/n stumbled out,his  (hair colour) locks curling around his neck. He wore a tired expression, yet he looked at you with concern. Seeing you cry, he immediately rushed to you, and squeezed you tight in his arms. Pushing against his chest, you uttered "go away" repeatedly, and he recoiled. Your words seemed to have an effect on him. Hurt and frustrated, he walked out and into his bedroom. That room was otherwise untouched. After he left, you couldn't help but cry harder. He really just left. Seriously? You knew it was silly to ask a guy to go away yet expect him to stay, but who could say they didn't like that?
          You woke up about an hour later, screaming and crying. You had a terrible nightmare where h/n had been murdered and he left you all alone. Panting, you swept your hair out of your face and untangled yourself from the sheets. You half-expected h/n to come running to you, but after the previous events, you weren't even sure of that anymore. Soon enough, though, you saw a familiar face emerge in your doorway. His eyes were filled with worry and panic. "Y/n...." He muttered as he ran to you, keeping you close to his chest. Tears came non-stop and he just kept apologizing, over and over until you calmed down. "Y/n, I'm so sorry, god, my boss got me to work overtime, I promise I'll make it up to you," he muttered into your hair. You just buried your face deeper into his chest. He lay you down gently on the bed, and snuggled in beside you, adopting an half-spoon position, where your ear was pressed against his chest, so you could hear his rhythmic heartbeat. Finally relaxing, you focused on his heartbeat and his voice, whispering comforting words to you. "Stay with me, please," you said, your voice barely a whisper.
       "Always."