Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Cassandra, darling! Come here!" Mother Gothel called out to her daughter sweetly, who was playing in her corner with the contraptions her mother kept around.

"Coming, mama!" Cassandra called back as she quickly put her dolls away and rushed out into the living room.

"There you are, Cassandra. I want to show you something. It's a very special surprise for a very special girl!" Gothel then went to go fetch the surprise.

Cassandra was so excited for the surprise. Maybe her mother had gotten her a new doll? Or a new broom? Or maybe even planned to take Cassandra on a trip? She couldn't wait to find out!

"Ta da!" Gothel called out while pulling out a straw dummy, much to Cassandra's disappointment.

"What's that, mama?"

"This is a pretend person. You can practice your sword fighting on it!"

Cassandra didn't like the idea of simulating murder, so she politely declined.

"Don't be such a baby, Cassandra. Look, it's fun! You can hit it like this, wap, wap wap!" Gothel continued hitting the dummy with her sword until she accidentally chopped off the dummy's head.

"Mama!" Cassandra cried out in agony.

While Gothel didn't mean to kill the dummy, she didn't feel bad about it. After all, Cassandra would have to be exposed to the real world eventually, right?

"If you think that was fun," Gothel started to say. "You should try doing it to real people".

Cassandra, Rapunzel, and Pascal made it into the wedding just in time to be greeted by the father of the bride.

"Let's get on with it, shall we?" the Baron asked the crowd, referring to both the wedding and the inevitable sword fight.

"Funny! I was just thinking the same thing!" Rapunzel responded as she pulled out her frying pan and prepared her fighting stance.

"Blondie!" Eugene called out to the princess.

"Eugene!" Rapunzel called back to be met with the face of death in Maximus, the little horse she watched grow up as a young girl.

"Guys! They poisoned Max!"

"We know, Fitzherbert," Cassandra sarcastically replied while fighting off some party guests.

Even though Cassandra and Rapunzel were strong and well-versed in fighting, they couldn't hold off all the guests! They needed to think of something else, and fast!

"Okay, Raps. If you have a plan b, now would be a great time to pitch it".

"We need that antidote!" Eugene urgently reminded his friends.

"Never!" the Baron cried dramatically, clutching the vial tightly in his cold, dead hands.

"Time for a new plan," Rapunzel thought out loud, not actually having a plan in mind.

"What's it gonna be, Raps?" Cassandra demanded while holding off one of the Baron's guards.

Just as the words escaped Cassandra's mouth, Stalyan grabbed hold of Eugene and attempted to ride away with him.

"Well, this party stinks," she complained. "Let's get out of here, Rider".

Rapunzel quickly grabbed hold of Eugene's feet, unsuccessfully trying to set him free from Stalyan's grip.