delivery

"Hormones—the telegraph system of the body. Sometime between the ages of 9 and 16, they will start to tell your body to change—very fast." The video Mr. Feeny is making us watch says, "This movie is rated 'H' for hurl." Cory scoffs "Mr. Matthews, calm down and watch the film." Feeny snarks back.

I can feel Shawn's eyes burning into the side of my head, I look over at him, "What's wrong?" I mouth to him—no reply. I furrow my eyebrows and look back up at the video.

"The changes won't all be physical, sometimes you'll feel like you're on an emotional rollercoaster. For instance, you may occasionally feel aggressive or weepy." "Shawn, I'm feeling to vulnerable, do you have a tissue?" Cory jokes, Feeny shushes him, I see Shawn fidgeting in his seat out of the corner of my eye, what's wrong with him? I think to myself.

"And remember girls, you'll get your hormonal telegram well ahead of your boy classmates. Girls, be patient while they catch up to you. Eventually everyone hears the Morse code of puberty." The video finishes and the lights get turned back on. "This film is meant to help you understand the metamorphosis your bodies will soon be going through." Feeny explains. Cory scoffs, "How? That movie is 100 years old. The telegram boy was played by George Burns." "I welcome the changes that will transform me from a caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly." Topanga says. Topanga is so pretty and we really bonded off astrology, I love astrology.

Shawn is a Sagittarius and I'm a Gemini, fire and air signs pair almost perfectly together, only downside of Shawn and I's combination is that we both are leaders which is destined for petty arguments in the future, I hope he's ready to lose them all.

++

"Hey, Shawny, why were you staring at me in Feeny's?" I ask placing my lunch tray down, sitting down next to him. He stammers his words and immediately starts giggling uncontrollably. Cory and I stare at him very confused. "Are we still hanging out after school? My dad works late, I was thinking we could go watch a movie." I change the subject, Shawn still all giddy and blushing is nodding at my date idea.

I accidentally glance down and notice the same thing I did that night we made out, now I know what this is about; he got his telegram. I got mine in fifth grade, it was Valentine's Day, I'll never forget it; it was so embarrassing.

++
After school Shawn and I walk to the movies, "Sneaking in like always?" I smile up at him as I gently swing our interlocked hands back and forth, "Of course, but, I will buy the popcorn this time and drinks." Shawn smiles, opening the movie theater door for me.

"Oh, fancy of you." I chuckle at him, "Anything for you." He blushes as he talks to me, I look at him with love filled eyes as he orders our popcorn and drinks, he truly is the sweetest boy, I wish people wouldn't judge him so much.

++
We barely watch the movie, we spent the whole 90 minutes making out. After the movie is over we sit in the arcade in the photo booth continuing to make out. Suddenly Shawn stops, "C-can we try something a little more than making out?" Shawn asks nervously, "Like sex?" I question, he nods, "But how?" He shrugs, "We can try, my dad won't be home until 9." I say, Shawn smiles, "Really? You're okay with it? I've wanted to ask for a few days now but I was just so scared." He confesses, I nod at him, "I trust you, I feel safe with you." I reassure him.

++

We did it, it was weird and it hurt but a good hurt.

"I could do that every single day." Shawn says, out of breath as he lays next to me. "It was fun, wanna go again?" I say as I sit on top of him, he nods biting his lip. This time I take over, this time it didn't hurt but it was good, really good.

I don't know how but Shawn and I fell asleep cuddling, I jolt awake as I hear my dad's car lock, "Shawn, Shawny wake up," I shake him, "My dad is home!" I panic, he shoots up putting all his clothes back on in a hurry. "I'll see you tomorrow, I love you, you're so pretty." Shawn says to me admiring my eyes, "I love you too, you gotta go." I kiss him quickly before pushing him towards my window and I put on my pajamas and putting my school clothes away in my hamper before my dad comes upstairs.

Just in the nick of time my dad bolts through my door, "Hi daddy." I say to him, a nervous wreck. "Mom is picking up dinner," my dad says then pauses and takes a deep breath, oh no he can smell Shawn's cologne, I could be sick right now, "It smells in here, clean up." He says before closing my door. I sigh in relief, thank goodness I think to myself. I would've been dead meat if my dad knew Shawn was here. Especially if he caught us, phew.

{s2}