t-day

Ever since Shawn moved in with Mr. Turner, I've had to walk myself to school almost every single day and be at school alone! I know I told him he didn't have to walk me but he said he would and we never agreed on him not coming! I know he's really overwhelmed with school and he misses his parents so I can't be upset with him but I miss him too. It's been a month and school is about to be out for summer!

We see each other on weekends and he comes to school on Mondays but that's it! He only comes on Monday because we have sleepovers all weekend so he's forced to come. My dad thinks I'm at Topanga's every weekend and she covers for me because I tell her all about Cory, she's been in love with him forever but Cory is too awkward to notice; it's so funny.

At the end of class yesterday, Turner told me to come over before school tomorrow and make Shawn come for the last week of school because the school therapist needs to talk to him.

Cory's parents pick me up that morning to drop Cory and I off at Turner's. I walk in first and see Shawn lounging in his robe eating cereal, "Shawny, come on." "Babe, what's going on, it's not Monday?" He stands up to hug and kiss me and regardless of how upset I am I kiss and hug him back. "Cory, you smell." Shawn teases, "It's Wednesday." I say to him which causes him to chuckle, "T-day." We say in sync, "Oh shut up." Cory says and sits on the couch.

Wednesdays are the days he has lunch with Topanga, I set them up for it and it's brought them really close together.

"Shawny, please come to school. I miss you and there's only three days left." I pout, he sighs, "The pout got me, fine. I'm going like this." He says and I look him up and down; he has pajamas on covered by his robe, "You're so lucky I love you, Shawn Hunter." I say, rolling my eyes with a smile and walking to Turner's car.

++
We finally get to school and Turner drops the bad news to Shawn, "Hunter, you have to go to the school therapist." Shawn looks annoyed, "Why?" "Because you never come to school!" Turner says in the same tone as Shawn, he rolls his eyes, "Fine." Shawn says and Turner pats his back and walks away. Shawn turns to me, "Cass, can you come in there with me?" He begs, "Shawny, I can't but I can wait right outside this door for you okay? I won't leave." I reassure him, "Fine." He groans
++
"I'm leaving Cass." Shawn blurts out as I sit on my couch with him, "What?" My dumbfounded, "I gotta do something with my life, I'm going to Europe." "I'm coming with you." "No, you have a life here, I don't. I need to make one for myself." "Shawn, we're 15, sophomores in high school and we've only ever have dated each other. If I have a life then so do you buddy." I scoff, "Cass, are you my friend?" He asks, I nod, "Then let me go." He says before quickly standing up and leaving.

Did I just get dumped, again? No, not again.

I run after him, "Shawn Patrick!" I yank him back to face me, "You want to go to Europe?" "Yeah, kinda the whole point." He says, "Then we'll go together, before our senior year it'll be perfect not by yourself but with the two of us, alone, in Europe, what do you say?" I bargain, "Sounds a lot better than what I had planned." "You can't leave me Shawny." "I'm sorry, I'm just so stressed about school and it's been a year since my dad left I'm stressed you know?" I nod, "I understand but don't take it out on me, I love you." "I love you too." He smiles, "Shawny, one rule, you have to start coming back to school everyday next year so we can go to Europe. I miss you and I'm in school alone. Cory doesn't talk to me because he's too busy drooling over Topanga, Eric is weird and Harley is back and is trying to talk to me now that I'm older and you're not there to do anything he still tries." I complain to him.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" He furrows his eyebrows, "Shawny I've barely seen you for the last month and every time we did we'd just have sex and make out or you'd be watching a movie and not listening." "We'll spend all summer together, my place, I'll pay attention." He doesn't even argue about what I said because he knows it's true. I smile softly, "I love you." "Thank you for loving me, I needed it." Shawn says and bear hugs me.

++
I get home later that day and find my mom packing, "What's going on?" I ask, nervously, "Oh, your father is going on a business trip, go pack your bags." My mother says to me out of breath, "No, can I stay here? Please." I beg, "I want to go on Topanga's family vacation please, Jedidiah invited me!" I lie, "So if I call Jedidiah right now, he'll tell me that's true?" My father comes out of nowhere, I turn to him and nod, he glares at me and grabs the phone; I'm begging Topanga answers.

"Hello, is Jedidiah there?" I hear my dad ask, there's a pause, "Hi, Jedidiah sorry to bother you, did you invite Cassidy on your summer vacation this year?" There's a pause, his face tightens, "Ok, thank you." The phone gets hung up, "You're lucky." My dad says and pushes past me, I could scream! I love Topanga!

++
School is officially out and my dad is gone, I take my two full backpacks and walk to Turner's without saying goodbye. I can finally spend three full months with Shawn without going home or worrying about my dad, this will be a great summer.

{s3}