Prologue

"I should've killed you" I growled softly at my colleague. "And yet you stand here as my best man." He ran his fingers through his hair and hissed at me cynically. "How weak love has only made you."

"Oh you're crazy, leave me alone." I turned away from him and stared across the palace ballroom. "You calling me crazy? You? Remember what you did to Y/N?" I swore by the 7 Archons that if he didn't shut up soon I would have turned the wedding into an execution, then he would have seen how weak and crazy I actually was. But he was right in a way. However, everything I did was just an act that I had to do out of love.

Come to think of it, maybe I should have killed every man she spoke to, even every man who dared to look at her. I managed to do that to some extent, but I wished that I had always been with her to keep an even better eye on her. Was I toxic? No, absolutely not. Was I possessive? Maybe a little bit, but she was mine and always was and always would be.

"My goodness, where is she?" I tapped the floor with the tip of my foot impatiently and grumbled, the balladeer laughed sarcastically. "Maybe she ran away from you again." He must have been trying to drive me insane, she wouldn't dare run away again, not now. We loved each other after all.

I grabbed Scaramouche by the collar of his shirt and pulled him towards me, I didn't care what the guests thought, I had the right to do whatever I wanted anyway, including the following...

"Now watch out you filthy crook. If you don't shut your cheeky mouth right now I'll cut out your tongue. To top it off, these guests will witness a murder and the groom who once entered this hall in a white suit will come home covered in blood. Then he and his bride would finally have peace and you little rat would no longer stand in his way."

The Balladeer looked at me with wide eyes, shock and a bit of fear spread across his face, I liked that. This reminded me of Y/N, the way she looked at me when I burned down the village, when I killed her best friend... No, it wasn't me, she rammed an icicle through his heart.

I laughed. The fear on her face when she didn't know what was chasing her, who was chasing her, I still enjoyed that. Jumping into my arms crying and telling me about the sick stalker she thought she had. Oh if only she knew... I did all this just to protect my ojou-chan, she was mine, just mine.

Where the hell was she? I shoved the balladeer away from me and looked impatiently towards the door wings. What bride keeps the guests and groom waiting for an hour? People were already getting impatient and whispering. She definitely needed to be punished...

I walked impatiently up and down in front of the altar, plucked the petals from the rose decorations that adorned the hall and kept glancing at the clock. But then, as I turned my head and thought, I knew what was going on. At the same moment the door wings swung open with a loud bang and all eyes were on the person standing there.