XXVIII - "Servant"

"Do you think we were even meant for each other?" I asked as my ancient friend lowered his cup onto the table. "That my dear," he began, "is a thing even the archons couldn't answer. But even if you weren't meant for each other, Tartaglia would certainly do anything possible to make you stay." Zhongli's deep voice echoed in my head.

"That Boy would never accept loosing you." I sighed and emptied my cup whereupon I got up. "Well thank you, I need to take care of some things before Ajax comes back."

-

I was working on a field as i felt a weird presence, someone was staring at me. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and let out an exhausted sigh as I looked for the strange creature. I staring up into a tree, just to see Xiao sitting there and watching over me. With a smile, I waved at him, but he just nodded. I realised, that he wasn't in the mood to talk to me, so i just kept going with my work.

It was a little depressing knowing that the Yaksha didn't want to talk to me, but it was nice to at least have him near me. Of course I would've preferred if he had joined me directly, but after everything that had happened, I understood his distance.

After a while I heard someone approaching, so I automatically looked towards the tree. To my surprise, Xiao was no longer there, but a large Ginger marched proudly towards me. "Ajax!" I cried out.

First thing I noticed, that he was limping slightly, my gaze wandered up to his face, seeing he had a black eye. "Good god, what happened?" All the negative things I had in my head about him that moment vanished as soon as I rushed to him and cupped his face with my hands.

When I touched him, his expression was pained but he overplayed it with a smile immediately and grabbed my hands. "Oh doll, how I've missed you!" He planted a gentle kiss on my palm while his smile grew wider. "We can get married now!" My eyes widened and I pulled my hands back. "Jian is dead, we can get married!"

I bit my lip and backed away. "Oh sweet Ajax..." his expression changed as I looked at him with rejection in my eyes. "There's way too many negative aspects to..." He didn't even let me finish before grabbing my hands again, this time with more force, and smiled. "I'm no longer the Tsaritsa's servant!"

I froze. When I opened my mouth to speak, no words came out. "Y/N, we can get married and live happy! I have no duties, I no longer want to serve the high Lady."

When i reached out to hug him, the ginger flinched, he probably had bruises all over his body. "You just decided to quit, just like that?" with a smile, he nodded his head like it was nothing. Zhongli was right, Ajax would do anything possible to make me stay. "How is that even possible...?"

The man just hugged me in return, humming softly. I assume he didn't want to talk about it any further but I just couldn't imagine that we would be able to live a peaceful life together still. "I want to marry you." He said, snapping me back to reality. "Huh?"
"Lets just run away and get married."
My eyes narrowed. "And where are you planning to go?" You couldn't just run from the fatui, they would find you everywhere you go... actually, that was Childe's Job to hunt down the runoffs.

"Inazuma!" He smiled brightly, my eyes lit up. I've always wanted to go to inazuma. Ajax has already been there a few time due his job but could never bring me along. I bit my lip as thousands of thoughts ran through my head at the same time.
What if it is dangerous?
What if we get caught?
What if something happens in Inazuma?
What if the Tsaritsa finds us?
What if...
He suddenly grabbed my shoulders and smiled. "Don't worry love." His smile immediately calmed me down and my tense muscles relaxed, my shoulder sagged slightly.

I took a deep breath before replying...

Note-
I am so sorry for being inactive for so long, it's been a little difficult since I was too busy with school and on the weekends I had other things to do, plus i had no idea what to write