IV - "Not a vision"

The girl sat silently across from me, a few candles and the fireplace fire were the only light in the room. While I was eating my sweet madame, Y/N did not touch her food at all. "Do not you like it?" She looked at me startled. "Sorry, I'm not feeling very well." She really didn't look healthy either, so pale and exhausted. Beads of sweat glistened on her forehead.

Her eyes were glassy and she snuggled more and more into the fur coat I gave her. I glanced at Elzer who was sitting at his desk, he nodded and went into the kitchen to get her some soup. He put it down in front of the girl and she took a spoonful of it.

It didn't take long for her to finish. "You don't want to eat any more?" She shook her head coughing and got up, I immediately rushed to her and wanted to support her. "No, I can do it." she snapped at me. I just sighed and watched Y/N hobble up the stairs, then something clattered and bounced down the stairs towards me. "Fuck." She cursed as I caught the crystal. It was a vision, but it didn't really shine. I looked at her questioningly, but the girl snatched it out of my hand and disappeared into the room. I'm sure that girl will be some trouble for me soon.

- - - - -

Y/N's POV
A few days had now passed and I was completely healthy again, standing behind the counter of Angels Share, cleaning jugs and serving the residents of Mondstadt as well as travelers from far and near. "One death after noon please." I grinned, only one person here ordered this drink. "Here you go." I said pouring the drink in front of the customer. "Thank you, beautiful lady." The young man and I stared at each other briefly before bursting out laughing.

"Quit flirting with my co-worker Kaeya. This isn't going to end well." Diluc growled at the knight, whereupon he took a sip of his drink, shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention back to me. "And surely you don't want to become a Knight of Favonious?" I shook my head with a sigh. "Forget it, the hero's role doesn't suit me." I especially emphasized the second part of the sentence with a slight grin. "You would make a wonderful knight."

"Make sure you don't slip." The redhead warned me briefly, but he needn't worry. I certainly won't fall for such a greasy guy again. "No, I'm serious." Kaeya repeated. "I don't intend to settle here for very long." If he knew why I was really here, I would probably be arrested.

"Does that mean I won't see your beautiful face anymore?" I rolled my eyes and looked to Diluc for help, who just shrugged his shoulders and served the guests. Oh damn.

"I suppose so." I replied and he let out a sigh of frustration. "Tell me, where are you from anyway?" the captain asked when i refilled his drink. I smiled and pointed to my Vision Crystal with Snezhnayan design. "It's not a vision." I felt my heart start beating faster and pounding loudly against my chest. "W-what do you mean?"

I tried to sound as norma as possible, I wasn't prepared for that. I noticed how Diluc's gaze was fixed on me. What should I say if it turned out I'm not a vision bearer? How would this be dealt with here? Beads of sweat formed on my forehead as I looked worriedly at Kaeya.

- - - - -
Sorry short chapter but I thought it's a good idea to end it here :)