I - "One year"

TW

two years earlier
Ajax was just getting back from his business trip when I was packing my suitcase. "Hey darling!" He greeted happily, but the joy was gone from his voice as soon as he saw the suitcases. "What are you doing?" he asked confused.

Without a word, I picked up the suitcase and left the room. "Talk to me." He followed me, but I still paid no attention to him. When he grabbed my arm, I spun around and slapped him across the face.

He held his cheek in shock and I threw a crumpled letter at his feet. "What's this?" he asked as he picked it up off the floor. "Ask this Venessa!" His eyes widened immediately.

"Let me explain..." he murmured nervously. "The letter said everything." I turned and was about to leave when he grabbed me again. I dropped the suitcases and he roughly shoved me against the wall. I tried to fight back but he had my wrists so tight I had no choice.

"Damn it, you stay! We're getting married today, I'll explain everything to you!" He grabbed my hair and tugged at it furiously, tears welling up in my eyes. "Cancel the wedding." I whined. Then he grabbed my throat. "Damn I love you! You're not leaving me!"

"Y-you're hurting me!" I gasped out, tears streaming down my face as I struggled to breath. I clutched to his wrist, trying to get his hand off my throat but he made no move. "Don't leave me! We can talk about it all!" He laughed out desperately, his eyes were swollen as if he had been crying last night.

As I was about to fall unconscious, he released his grip and pulled my into his arms. I grabbed his shirt collar so I wouldn't fall and sobbed uncontrollably. I felt sorry for what I was about to say. "I need a break."

Then he was silent. "Think about it again." He didn't look at me as he let go of me, instead he looked at the floor. "If you insist to go... One year." he just said, i didn't quite know what he meant, then he looked into my eyes with a smile. "If you haven't come back after a year, I'll release you."

I caught my breath. I never thought he would let me go out of love. "But remember, your path will be marked with blood." He handed me my suitcase and left after planting one last kiss on my forehead.

What did he mean by blood marking my path? That was ridiculous. Why did he give up so easily though? Then, realizing what had just happened, I ran out of the palace. I just broke up with THE Ajax...