XX - "Two conditions"

Ajax' POV
As I saw her walk beside that guy, I felt like I would want to push my blades into his ribs. Although he didn't seem to have too much interest for her, I couldn't be too sure if she would fall for him or not.

He looked quite handsome and... no, fuck stop thinking about this shit Ajax, focus! She used to be mine, she used to love me, she surely still did because I truly adored her.

I leaned against a tall stone wall as she spotted me, it wasn't actually planned like this but I guessed I had to shoot my shot and try. I knew I'd have a plan B if I fucked this up.

I gently smiled at her and waved, in her eyes I saw fear. She looked shocked, her body tensed as if she couldn't move, I even noticed tears welling up in her eyes. Now if that guy would come and comfort, even hug her, it would've been time to commit a crime. But instead he tapped her shoulder and waved goodbye, he assumed that she wanted to talk to me.

"Ajax..." Her voice was trembling and her movements slow as she approached me. "My little songbird." I would hum, not daring to move towards her so I didn't scare her. As my girl wouldn't stop approaching me I even wanted to move back but I had my back pressed right against the wall.

"Y/N my..." Suddenly, out of nowhere she broke down sobbing, falling onto her knees. Her cries drew peoples attention on us and like I should've, I immediately got down and pulled her into my arms, whispering comforting words into her ear.

She would push her body even closer up against mine and cling to me, desperately clutching to my clothes not letting go. "Now now, what's wrong precious?"

Her whole body was trembling, I felt her nails dig into my skin even through my thick fur lined coat. "I'm so sorry..." She sobbed.

Sorry..? Sorry for what...? I didn't understand what was going on but I waited patiently for her to continue. Soothingly, my hand would gently stroke her head as she continued to cry in my arms.

"I'm sorry that I've been treating you so bad, I should've never kissed him, I should've never left."

Why did I feel so happy? Why did I feel so proud? I gently stroked her back and assured her that it was okay, but it never was. Now all I had to do was bring her back to Snezhnaya and...

"I understand if you're leaving me." She said suddenly, my eyes widening and I grabbed her shoulders. "What stupid stuff are you saying? What's on your mind, doll? I'm only back because of you, I love you, you know? Forever and ever, to death I love you. Such a silly little argument don't stop me from loving you my little one."

I lifted her off the floor and held her in my arms like a bride. I immediately noticed that she had lost some weight, her arms and legs had also become thinner, so I suggested inviting her to dinner. "Thank you very much but I..."

"I insist." I stared down at her slightly pissed off as she was about to decline my offer. All I wanted was her back, my sweet Y/N. She just nodded in agreement and clutched at the fur of my coat.

On the way to a restaurant, we chatted and told what happened. Y/N inquired about her father and if there was anything new at the palace. Then later that evening as we ate dinner together I suggested a fresh start and she choked. "Are you alright?" I asked as I patted her on the back and she wiped a tear from her eyes.

"You're asking if I'm alright? Ajax, I love you, but after everything you've done..." What wrong had I done to her? Well, I had committed one or the other murder through my jealousy, but there was nothing bad about it.

"I don't think I can." The nice smile on my lips turned into an angry smile and I tightened my grip on the cutlery. "Y/N, I promise you the world will be at your feet, I will grant you all your wishes..."

She looked up at me. Now I've piqued her interest. "Really all wishes? Each one?" I nodded hopefully and leaned forward slightly, waiting for her reply.

"Well, for starters, I have two conditions. If you fulfill them, I will return home first. It's entirely up to you."

I bit my lower lip, two conditions. What if it was nothing good? I wouldn't even have a choice if I wanted to call her my own again without violence. I hesitated. "Which would be?"

A sinister grin crossed her lips, her amber eyes gleaming as she leaned forward to me. "Firstly, let the Yaksha go." Shit, I knew that was coming. "Perhaps I had him killed." I snarled in annoyance.

"You didn't, I know." My gaze fell on a bracelet that shone in a soft turquoise tone, it must have been magic from this man. "It would have dissolved."

I took a deep breath before replying with a smile. Inside I was on the verge of exploding.

"Give my mother back."

—————

What do you think is gonna happen? Let me know in the comments