XXIV - "Starlight"

"Ajax?" I hummed as I sat at the table, my eyes fixed on a book while my boyfriend stood at the stove and cooked a delicious meal for me. "Hm?" He asked as he put the vegetables in a bowl.

"It was Balladeer, right?" Briefly, he gave me a quick look, then his attention returned to the food. "How do you know?" He asked slightly confused and I just shrugged my shoulders. "Victor told me." It was the Balladeer's plan all along to make us break up.

Just as he was adding a sauce to the dish, he growled. "I hope he didn't do anything to you?" I hesitated, Ajax slowly turned to me, his eyes wide. "He has?" I immediately shook my head and assured him that I would talk to Kunikuzushi again. "I forbid that."

I frowned and crossed my arms in irritation. "Really? You forbid me to see him?" He gave me a stern look, no words were needed for me to understand what he wanted to say. With a huff my focus was back on the book, I didn't care wether he forbid that or not, I still was a free person.

It took him about ten more minutes to finish the meal, a delicious scent strolling through the mansion as he brought two plates to the table. "My cooking skills have improved quite a lot!" He chirped with a bright smile and sat across from me.

"Yes, that's right." I mumbled as I ate the dish. It was quiet while we ate, I didn't dare say anything until Ajax opened his mouth and made an announcement. "There will be a ball tonight in honor of ours. I have provided you with a hundred dresses and thousands of pieces of jewellery, find something you like." I cocked my head in confusion, how many had he said, and what for again? "I keep my promises, Y/N." I thought he sounded incredibly serious when he said my name, and because of the promise... Ah!

My face lit up and as soon as I had finished the dish, I jumped up and stormed upstairs into the dressing room. The room itself was already huge but then seeing it with all the dresses in it, it looked like he bought a whole industry. My eyes glistened with joy as I started to look around, the jewellery sparkled and reflected the light that fell into the room producing tiny sparks of rainbows.

Ajax leaned against the door frame with a smile as he watched me, I groaned frustrated as I loved all the dresses. "Don't worry starlight, there'll be a lot more opportunities to wear the all." A gentle smile crossed his lips as he came to caress my cheek, blush rose to his as he bent down to kiss my forehead. I couldn't help but smile, no matter how hard I would've tried, I wasn't able to suppress it when he was that gentle with me.

More and more I believed that he had changed but I suppose we all had. "If that helps, I like to see you in light blue." He ruffled my hair but I shook his hand off and complained. "I like blue but I wore it so often." Ajax chewed and started in the air as he perhaps thought of another color, "Try pink."

He then would leave the room, telling me that he still had some business to do. As soon as he was gone I began to look for a soft pink gown, not taking too long until I found my two favourites.

The first one was perhaps how everyone expected me to show up, a heavy gown suiting the lost princess.

As soon as I had tried it on after taking an eternity I realised that the skirt was heavier than expected but it looked stunning in my opinion

As soon as I had tried it on after taking an eternity I realised that the skirt was heavier than expected but it looked stunning in my opinion. Ajax would've loved to see me like this, then it was time to try on the second one.

The other dress was a rather light one, elegant yet beautiful.

Perhaps nobody would expect me to show up to a ball like this if everyone was wearing heavy gowns but I liked the shimmering accents on this one a lot and it wasn't as heavy

Perhaps nobody would expect me to show up to a ball like this if everyone was wearing heavy gowns but I liked the shimmering accents on this one a lot and it wasn't as heavy. But to both I had a hard time finding suiting jewellery.
I decided to go for a silver tiara with pink crystal accents, as for the necklaces I got something from Ajax, silver with a suiting pink crystal and it was short enough to math the dress perfectly.

I then wore the dress that I decided to wear for tonight and started doing my hair, I didn't like it all up so I left it half open. Everything else would've been too hard for a single person to do anyways.

I picked some silver shoes and a purse then rushed down the stairs holding the dress up then threw a suiting fur lined coat peace over my shoulders and opened the heavy front door. A carriage was waiting there with two beautiful horses, Ajax was waiting for me already. Blush rose to his face and he smiled satisfied as he saw the dress I was wearing then approached me to lend me his arm.