XI - "Hookup?"

Headache. A few gentle rays of sunshine fell through the curtains of the window and tickled the tip of my nose. I held my hand in front of my eyes and opened them slowly. "Good morning Y/N." I heard a raspy male voice whispering next to me.

Wait a minute. "M-master Diluc!" I startled and clawed my fingers into the down comforter to cover my half-naked body. "What are you doing such a fuss about?" The redhead grumbled as he stretched, his torso bare, the rest covered by a blanket. "We haven't... Or have we?"

"What do you expect from me? That I take advantage of you when you're drunk? I'm not that kind of person." He lay on his side and rested his head on his hand while staring at me with an amused smirk and raised brow. "But we kissed and..."

"We just kissed. Nothing more." A gentler smile graced his face and I felt the relief. Certainly if Ajax found out that I was just sleeping in the same room with another man he would commit mass murder. "Close your eyes!" I glared at the man next to me who groaned in annoyance and turned away so that I could quickly get up and put some clothes on.

"We should keep this to ourselves." He said calmly and I widened my eyes. I think that was too late, I should never have taken him into the room, never kissed him, never. Ajax would certainly know about it. "Diluc...I think..." He interrupted me with a sigh. "He probably already knows."

"And we really didn't have...?" I looked at him pleadingly, even though Ajax and I weren't together anymore, I still didn't want to cheat on him, I still loved him.

"How many times do you want me to tell you that? I wouldn't do that. Besides, I know how you feel about it." He got up and put his clothes back on, which he had neatly folded and placed next to the bed, typically Diluc.

"We'll have to wait and see."

- - - - -

Almost two weeks had passed since that night, the Balladeer had disappeared strange things happened and I tracked down Venessa, where she was possibly staying. The whole thing took a while and I had to threaten a lot of people in the hope that I wouldn't be arrested soon, but I was able to flatter Kaeya so well that he covered up everything I screwed up. I even managed to control my powers now. After an incident at dragonspine I couldn't walk properly anymore, fatui sliced my leg open some days ago. Childe was probably behind it, perhaps to resch me a little lesson.

Venessa had her little whorehouse just down the road from Springvale. I would confront her about how dare she get involved with an engaged man, he didn't wear the ring for nothing. I came closer and closer to her house and crept past the back first. "Thank you for your time." I peeked around the corner and saw a young man plant a kiss on her cheek and leave, now was my chance. I turned the corner and approached the door she was about to close.

"Well, a female customer?" A sleazy yet seductive voice filled my ears, but it did the exact opposite, disgusting me. Maybe she could wrap men around her finger with her sweet voice but not me, my hatred was too great, Childe was everything to me. "No, an angry fiancee."

I hissed, her eyes widened and she was just about to slam the door in my face but in no time I had a sword in my hand and smashed it through the gap so she couldn't close the door. "I just want to have a chat." I smiled, my blood was boiling inside though, I couldn't guarantee anything at the moment.

She stifled a scream, but inhaled sharply as the sword narrowly missed her head. "Well?" Slowly she opened the door and let me in, asked which fiancé I meant and the corner of my mouth twitched. "The Fatui." She closed the door behind me and I held my sword tightly in my hand. "Ah yes, Sir Tartaglia, a very handsome young man with a really big..."

I glared down at her with an intense scowl and she stammered. "...ego." Oh yes, that's true, Ajax's ego was really big, but I'm sure she wanted to say something else. "It smells sweet in here." I murmured as I sat down in a chair by a table. "How did you find me?" Asked the girl that was obviously Venessa and I laughed out loud. "Girl, I'm not stupid. I'm Snezhnaya's princess, you might say."

"And what does that have to do with how you found me?" With her arms crossed in front of her lightly clad chest, she shivered a bit, that was probably because of me. "Nothing, just saying you messed with the wrong person."

She rolled her eyes and grabbed a vest which she quickly slipped on, then offered me a cup of tea which I immediately declined, who knows what that contained. "You're being very careful." The blond young woman remarked and sat down opposite me. "You don't seem to." I didn't care who she slept with, but if my future husband was one of them, may the Archons have mercy on her, because I wouldn't.

"So how often has he been here." I asked with a cold tone in my voice, yet able to control my anger. "Oh he was here very often, the last time shouldn't have been that long ago..." She dug a small book out of a stack of pages and leafed through it with concentration, she seemed to be professional. "Ah here, he was here two days ago." She showed me an entry with a signature and sure enough, that was Childe's distinctive handwriting.

"So now you know he was here, you can go now, I'm having another customer in a couple of minutes." She huffed as she slammed the book closed. "What was he here for?"

"...provoke her..."

"Oh girl that's too obvious, I gave him head and shit." My blood was now boiling even more than it had before, I wanted to ram my sword straight through her chest, but I was aware that Kaeya couldn't cover it up. "Anything else?" Irritatedly, I clawed my fingers into the hilt of my sword, which slowly began to be covered by a layer of ice as well as the chair I was sitting on. A shallow layer of ice also began to form on the ground around my feet.

"...tell her lies..."

"Oh yeah, whenever he had time he would come over and did me really dirty with his big..." Enough to freak me out, I turned around in a second and grabbed her veste. I placed the tip of my frozen sword on her chest and stared into her eyes, briefly fear reflected in them, but then her self-confidence was quickly back.

"...nothing will happen to you..."

For a brief moment I thought I saw someone at the window who looked a lot like Ajax, but I was probably wrong. Or maybe not? Perhaps he was the next customer? Now I saw red.

"...if necessary I intervene..."

For a moment I was inattentive and didn't realize how she pulled a small dagger out of her garter, which she almost rammed through my chest.

The next moment I was on my knees, warm liquid running down the sword over my hands."He said nothing would happen to me..."

The light of her eyes faded and she dropped down on me. I pushed her then dead body away from me and tears filled my eyes, letting out a frantic, pitiful cry from my throat and the door opened and someone stood there...

"Y/N what have you done!"

- - - - - -

Was this his plan?

Have I killed an innocent person?

What does he want from me?