VII - "Dragonspine"

"Look how weak and vulnerable you lie there asleep. You look so beautiful in the moonlight, your skin so pale. I never thought this hunt would all start all over again but you leave me no choice.

The window, it was open. How silly of you. What if someone climbs through it and watches you sleep. Don't make a face of yours, I am very interested in what you're dreaming about.

Keeping a dagger by your bed what a sweet precaution that is. Or should I rather call that ridiculous? It's been almost 2 weeks now, I'm starting to get angry. I don't have forever to pursue you. Maybe I should just make you come along with me.

You would love that. How I would like to caress your cheek right now, but then I could wake you up and you would call this adeptus. But, you know what? He won't come.

If you wake up now you have no other choice. You will scream and cry, calling for the adeptus and he will endure your desperate cries but cannot save you. He has only himself to blame for even daring to get so close to you. I'd like to punish you, you're driving me crazy.

And you don't have to worry about the redhead and his assistant either. They'll wake up later, I couldn't risk one of them checking on you. Do you know who I need to be particularly careful of in the near future?

That cavalry captain. He flirts with you way too much, I hate that. And I must sit still in my corner and watch. You seem to get along with him a little too well, he should pray to his archon if he continues, he will get his punishment too.
That treasure Hoarder has gone too far, daring to lay a hand on you. He got his lecture and he will never be able to hurt my songbird again.

I would love to look into your beautiful, golden eyes now. You would probably look at me with shock and fear, or think that I am a dream.

It's time for me to take my leave, the sun will be up soon and you'll probably wake up by then, so I'd better get out while it's still dark. How beautiful you look... See you again soon."

Y/N's POV
I was woken up by a strong gust of wind, dammit I forgot to close the window. Somehow I didn't sleep particularly well, I heard a voice. Probably all just imagination. I got up with a sigh and closed the window, it could get cold at night, but Mondstadt was nothing compared to Snezhnaya. It made me chill just thinking about it.

Then I looked at the bandages, maybe I should work out a bit because it was ridiculous that I couldn't use my ability when my wrists were being held down. The first sunrays shone in my face and a few birds flew past my window. Yeah maybe I should exercise.

I put on some clothes that were practical for training, thanks to Diluc I had a full closet with things that fit me. Then I packed a bag and took my dagger with me. I went downstairs to the kitchen and made myself two sandwiches and grabbed a pot of water, I'm sure the redhead wouldn't mind.

The last thing I did was put a note on Elzer's desk and quietly left the winery. Now all I had to do was find a good spot.

I thought Dragonspine might have been a good place, not directly on this icy mountain but close by. I had a coat with me anyway. So I took the shortest route towards Dragonspine, unfortunately I hadn't considered that there could be a waterfall instead of a path, but that didn't stop me.

I decided to climb up the rock, it wasn't that difficult for sure. I looked for the best places where I could put my hands and feet on, sometimes I helped with a bit of ice. Maybe I should have brought gloves, my hands got scraped while climbing. I arrived at the top and first saw individual camps from Fatui along the mountain, I could not get to the mountain from this point.

I decided not to cross the river at first and walked along the bank a bit in the grass, the frosty wind of the mountain was not so strong here. "I think this is good." I looked around a bit and put my hands on my hips, I needed some training objects and I would get them from the surrounding monster camps. I guess I had no choice and had to cross the lake, over there was a hilichurl camp.

One thing I've learned when I lived in Liyue was that I just could freeze the water surface under my feet, as long as I walked barefoot. Since I did not want to take off my shoes I simply used those swimming ice platforms to get to the other side, the monsters noticed me even before I could reach them.

I conjured up my sword and sliced the throat of a careless hilichurl archer, I couldn't reach the samachurl so easily because he was already standing on a pillar and attacked me. All I wanted were these dummies. I slid past an armed lavachurl and just managed to dodge his shield swipe and grabbed two training dummies.

On my escape back to the water, I had to avoid icicles coming out of the ground, which the hilichurl shaman used to attack me. With a big jump I landed on an ice floe and through the momentum I managed to reach the other side. "Phew that was close." The monsters stood scolding on the other side of the river before going back to mind their business.

I grinned and set the dummies up in the grass and practiced hitting them with swords. Despite the cold, beads of sweat dripped from my forehead and I formed an ice blade with all my strength, with which I continued to attack the dummy. I spent almost a whole day there at Dragonspine, I even cut down a birch and made new targets out of it.

When the sun slowly went down I ran back to the waterfall and admired the view that offered me. It was really beautiful when you saw the sun so low and the pink red colors of the sky reflected on its surface.