𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

The Yoke's on You-

Chapter Name:
\\ Escape Plan \\

+++++++

AS THE EGGMENS BEGAN TO STAND UP, recovering from that impact, Dr. Eggman then touched his head, only to realize that his toupee wasn't there. "My toupee! My toupee!" He shouts fearfully, only to realize that it was on the ground. Quickly, he grabs it and sets it neatly on his head, chuckling.

Dr. Done-it then walks towards his chair, which was strolling away from him, "Ah, so help me...I tell ya what, I..." He grumbles, mumbling to himself about his chair as he then uses his cane to push it farther away. Dr. Don't then sat on his chair, as he takes a look at his console, he realizes that he had gotten a game over. "Ugh!" He annoyingly grunts as he threw his head back on his chair, "I almost had a high score!" He shouts angrily.

Both Nine and Y/n looked over at the Council as Rusty Rose then types on the computer. "Gee, what a brat." Y/n thought as she glanced at Dr. Don't. She then heard small grunts from Sonic, in which she quickly turns her head towards to. "Sonic..?" She quietly whispers, she then glances at his shoes, seeing that it's still cackling with blue sparks.

She raises her brow in pure interest, her mouth agape, "Just as Nine mentioned." She ponders, "Maybe if I could study this place as a whole to better understand Sonic's new ability-" She mentally facepalmed at the thought, what is she thinking? She can't stay here, after all she and Sonic are supposed to find a way back home, back to her friends, and back to her Tails.

Sonic laid on the ground, his eyes closed as a flashback then suddenly appeared, remembering the artifact that Rouge had previously mentioned and what caused them both to be here, "Paradox Prism..." He mumbles, his eyes slowly opening as he began to remember another flashback, one that involved Tails telling him to wait and soon enough Shadow appearing.

Y/n's ears perked up at his mumble, "Paradox Prism?" She repeats, unaware of Nine's raised brow glance towards her. "That's right," She thought, "That's how this whole thing happened." She couldn't believe she had forgotten what had happened before, the cause of it all.

"Shadow?" She heard Sonic question. Just then, a ring then appeared in front of him, capturing his arms and legs again. As the ring began to rise, it set up to stand straight, facing the council. Sonic tried to use his arms to escape, but to no avail, "So, what do I get for passing the test?" He chuckles nervously as he then pants from exhaustion.

Dr Done it, now sitting on his chair, raises his cane up angrily, "Did this blue rat figure out a way to steal our power supply?" He questions in an angered tone. Rusty Rose then typed away on the computer, but stops as she faces the Council, "Correction, my Eminence." She starts, "He did not draw on the city's power, but—"

"He brought his own" Nine interrupts. Just as Y/n was about to scold him, in fear of being electrocuted again, Dr. Deep let out a shocked what, "What do you mean he brought his own?!" He questions, "How does a hedgehog walk in here with the same power supply as our battery?" He then turns to face the girl, pointing a finger at her accusingly, "Does this mean she also possess the same power supply?" He questions.

All heads were now faced towards Y/n, who lets out a nervous chuckle at the sudden intense stares, "What?" She questions. "I swear I don't have the same...ability Sonic possess." Y/n says, unsure of the "correct" term for it. The Council then turn towards Dr. Done-it, who began to mutter in his sleep. Sonic lets out a slurred chuckle at the encounter.