CHAPTER 3

Lorenzo's POV:

Flashback....

I was driving to Robert's place. He had a new assignment for me. I reached at his front door and the guards opened the door. They let me in and I parked my car in front of the house. I entered the house and went into the living room where I was greeted by Robert.

Robert Prichard. One of the biggest hitman in Texas. No one really knows what he does for living. The media, paparazzi's and other commoners know him as the well-known businessman and the CEO of the Prichard company. His reputation is what matters to him the most. My dad and Robert were best friends. But unfortunately my dad died from a heart attack. Since then I started working for Robert Prichard. My mom died when I was born so from that day I was close with my dad. He was the only person who I trusted more than anyone.

"Oh! You are here Lorenzo! So nice to meet you again. I have an assignment for you. I want you to kill someone for me." He pauses for a moment and then begins as his PA gives him a file of what I am guessing are the details of the target.

"Her name is---" I cut him off,

"IT'S A GIRL?! You know exactly that I do not kill a girl or a kid. IT'S NOT WHAT I DO ROBERT!" I told him as anger built up in me.

"I am crystal clear about it Lorenzo. But you have to do this. You will be paid 5 million US Dollars." He said.

"No. I won't kill an innocent girl for that much." I said.

"If you don't do what I say, then your dear sister will pay the prize for it. What's her name, ah! Rachel." He said.

How dare he go after my family! I hate this man with all my heart and soul. I have to accept the offer or else he will hurt my family.

"don't you dare touch my family. Fine I'll do it. But I need more money. If not then I won't accept this offer. And from next time keep my family out of this. It has nothing to do with them." I say as I remove all my anger on him.

"Alright then 10 million US Dollars. Is that okay with you Mr. Russo?" he said.

I took a minute to decide if I don't accept this offer he will threaten my family. Even might try to hurt them. I have to do this for them.

"Fine. Tell me the details." I said

"Awesome! Her name is Ruby Windsor. She is 22, works at the Moonbean café, she is 5'7, blue eyes, light brown hair finished her studies, her sister and her husband stays in Savannah. Oh and a tiny little detail..." he pauses.

What's he up to?

"She is your Sister's best friend," he said.

Can my life be any worse than this?!

This is too much man! What the fuck is wrong with me...

"I'll do it." I say.

He hands me her picture. I took the photo from him and saw it.

She was so beautiful. The most gorgeous person ever... her deep blue eyes were charming, her smile... gosh anyone would fall for that smile. She looks so innocent. She was an angel who fell from heaven. She looks happy in the photo. Really happy. Why does Robert want me to kill her?

So I ask him,

"Why do you want me to kill her? Who is she?" I ask.

"hmmm... 10 years ago, her father, James Windsor, we had made a deal for starting this business together. He agreed at first. But then after a year he started talking about calling this deal off. He didn't want to continue killing people it disturbed his life a lot. And he was going to get married to Julia LeBlanc, the woman I loved with all my heart, but she didn't love me back. I wanted her happiness, so I let them get married. Julia and James were happy together but I was jealous... they already had a child, Ruby she was 13 and her parents went out for a drive... but then they had a car accident but because of James, the love of my life, Julia died! She died and I couldn't take that pain... so I decided to kill his daughter's which will make me happy. If Julia didn't marry that bastard, I would have married her... so I decided to torture his family. Now that he is dead I will kill Ruby, because she was his favourite and it would be fun to kill the favourite one, am I right. Molly his other daughter knows about all of this... she will eventually tell Ruby everything soon... coz she promised Julia that she will tell her about everything when she turns 25. So I need to kill her and take the properties which James wrote under her name. Then I'll tell my son, Simon, to kill Molly and his innocent Husband." He said.

This. Man. Is. Crazy.

"You are a psycho! Like a real psycho! Tell Simon to do this then! Why me?!?!" I said getting irritated.

"I could, but you are the best hitman I have, so it's you who's gonna do it. No more discussions. You may leave now." He said and stood up from the sofa and started walking upstairs.

He stopped and turned around,

"you'll get your payment as soon as you complete your job." He said and turned again and started walking up the stairs.

I get out of the house and get into my car and drive away. I don't want to do this... but he threatened my family and I can't let that happen... I have to do this; I have to kill her.

Present time...

"So I was thinking, if we could go explore the downtown of Houston, we could go Central Park, then we could head out to 810 Billiards & Bowling it's a fun place to hang out and you know do bowling... then we could go to Magical Winter Lights, and then we could go for dinner at Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse. They have the best Creamed Spinach." She says.

The way she just planned all of this on the spot was so smart. And the way she speaks it with so much energy and excitement makes me want her to mine forever—

Snap out of that Lorenzo! You have a job to complete!

"Awesome, that sounds like a good plan to me." I say and give her a smile.

She laughs, her laugh is cute! She is adorable.

God she is gonna be the end of me.

We talked and went to the first place she told me about Central Park.

I parked my car and made our way to the walking side of the park.

"I know it's none of my business, but can I ask you what you do for living? It's okay if you don't wanna tell what you do." She asks nervously.

Oh shit!

"I... uhh, I work at the Prichard Company, I am an accountant there." I lied to her.

Well it was true... kind of... I do work under Robert Prichard.

"oh that's nice. Do you enjoy working there?" she asked

"mostly, yeah! But there are times where my boss gets on my nerves a lot..." I giggle as I say the last few words.

"Well I think that describes me too even my boss sometimes gets on my nerves." She says and laughs.

We talked for a while and walked back to the car. It was almost 5... we headed to the second place which was 810 Billiards & Bowling.

It was a cool place to hang out with. As we entered, I saw 20 lanes--- billiards, foosball, darts, board games, corn hole, and much more.

We went to the bowling aisle and had fun out there for half an hour or so... then we headed out to foosball---

"Yeah nope! I don't know how to play this, we are not doing this!" she said, disagreeing with it.

"oh nahhh! We are playing this it's fun besides I can teach you how to play." I say with a smirk.

"ughhh! Fine! But only one game" she says giving up on fighting with me on this topic

She is adorable I laugh at my own thoughts

I teach her how to play foosball and not gonna lie she is a fast learner which I am damn impressed with!

After an hour or so! We moved to dinner and skipped the Magical Winter Lights because we spent most of the time at the Bowling place.

So I drove right to the Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse.

Well this is going to be... interesting!

___________________________________

A/N:

Well, this chapter was more fun to write! What is going to happen next is the dinner date going to go smoothly... or something's going to happen? Keep reading to find out!

Thank you! <3

~N