CHAPTER 16

Ruby's POV:

He removes his hands from my eyes as he trails it down to my waist and I slowly open my eyes...

The view which was in front of me got me in awe!

I never thought of having a beach date! But here it was!! There was a finely white fabric lying under the basket, in which I am guessing would be food, two bottles of white champagne and amazing view of the ocean.

It was already evening and the sun was setting down, and the perfect romantic vibe anyone could ask for...

I was so caught in the view that I forgot to thank the person who did this perfect surprise for me!

I turned around and hugged Lorenzo so tightly that he giggled a little!

"thank you so much!! This is perfect!!! I love it so much...." And I sigh...

"If I knew we were going out on a date... I would have dressed more nicely..." I said.

"you look good in everything baby... and this had to be a surprise so! Here we are!" and he leans forward to kiss me.

This time the kiss was slow and sweet... and I enjoyed every moment of it.

"gosh I love you so much Lorenzo.." I say

"I love you, Ruby." He says and gives a kiss on my forehead.

....

As we proceeded ahead and sat on the blanket... I feel the warmth of the fabric.. it was perfect.. everything I could ask for.

"well I am not really good at cooking like you.. but I did cook some risotto, pasta and creamed spinach" He said with a smile on his face, as he removed the food from the basket.

He still remembers that I love creamed spinach.

We take our plates as he serves us, gosh such a gentleman!

"so, I stopped working for Robert..." he says as he stabs his pasta and eats it.

"oh... what are you planning to do now?" I asked.

"well... I don't really know about that..." he said... but I knew he was hiding something. So I asked him.

"what is it? What's bothering you so much? You looked tensed up." I finally speak up.

"no.. it's nothing. Nothing that you should worry about..." he said as he ate another bite of his pasta and sipped his wine.

"oh okay... so umm did you find out who tried to kill your sister that night if it wasn't you?" I asked as I remembered about it. And as Francesco told me he had been at Robert's place earlier... he might have asked him about it.

His eyes turned dark, the ones I saw when he killed that Simon guy. But after that.. never.

"who is it? Lorenzo... please tell me! Who did it?" I said as I kept my plate aside and placed my hands on his.

"Anna." That's it.. that's what he said. and was shut after that.

Who was Anna?

"Who is she?" I said as I looked deep in his eyes to find answers.

He calms himself down as I see the dark eyes go away. And see his normal light brown eyes.

"remember when I told you I had an ex-girlfriend..." he gulped and started speaking again. "her name is Anna, we had met when I was 22 and had joined. We were friends... and then I started to feel things for her... then we started dating... and well... I know I told you she was all possessive.. but she just cheated on me.. with Simon, Robert's Son. And I don't really feel like telling this part because it's just..." I finish his sentence.

"painful." I said.

"well you don't need to worry about that right now, I'll handle everything. You just sit like a princess and watch the show, my love." He says as he winks at me.

I don't understand this guy.. first he is all lovey-dovey then he is... sad.. and now he just winked at me. Wow. I fell for him.

And I love him so much.

...

Lorenzo's POV:

The sun was setting down as she was seeing the sunset and sipping her wine. The rays of the sun fell on her face as her face shined so brightly. Her eyes sparkled flawlessly as gorgeous as she is. Her hair was in a messy bun but it looked perfectly aligned.

How I wish to mess it up more as we go rough in the bed--- I stopped myself right there before things got worse.

She turns her head towards me and smiles.. gosh that smile... I'd burn the whole fucking universe if anyone else tried to ruin that smile off her face.

"I love y---" before she speaks her body jerks as her smile fades away and her wine glass drops.

And I see the red stain start to get bigger near her hips...

That red stain was blood. SOMEONE JUST SHOT HER.

I rush towards her as she falls in my arms and I pick her up bridal style as I rush towards the car. Things happened so fast that I couldn't see who shot her, but as I went inside my car... I saw a familiar face in front of my car.

Anna.

I was about to crush her up, but Ruby placed her hand on my lap... and so I drove away from her.

That bitch is going to die from my hands... I saw Ruby struggling and I couldn't handle it.. I drove as fast as possible, to stop the blood I had removed my shirt and pressed it near the wound. I could see her eyes slowly closing...

"RUBY! PLEASE STAY WITH ME!!! OPEN YOUR EYES! PLEASE!!! KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN..." I screamed.

....

As we reached the hospital I took her out of the car and called the doctor as they brought the stretcher out and took her in the ICU.

Her hands were in mine... but drifted away as they took her in the ICU room.

FUCKKKKKK!!!! HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID TO TAKE HER OUT ON A BEACH DATE!!!! I SHOULD'VE KNOW IT WOULD'VE BEEN DANGEROUS!! FUCK!

_________

A/N:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR MY DEAR READERS! AND MY GORGEOUS MAN!!

HAPPY READING THE NEW CHAPTER!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

~N