CHAPTER 17

Lorenzo's POV:

It's been 4 hours and I still haven't heard from the doctors... my heart is racing faster than a cheetah and I couldn't think anything straight. But I knew one thing that's for sure... Anna is going to be tortured with my own bare hands and I won't let her slip away from what she did. Ruby is my lifeline, and if anything happens to her I'd burn down the whole fucking universe! 

Few minutes passed by as I was still in my thoughts where the door of the Operation Theatre burst open, and the doctor came out. 

Dr Blackwood is one of my family doctor, he has been there for me in all times as he was my dad's best friend. Dr Blackwood is very loyal and I trust him with anything. I trust him with my life. He had saved my life when I was once shot, and I truly am thankful for that. I came to him because I knew he'd save Ruby at any cost! He even operated my sister and she is perfectly fine! 

 "Lorenzo, it's good that you brought her early otherwise the bullet would have caused her allot of trouble. She is fine and stable for now, we still need to keep her in the ICU if some internal bleeding starts... we need to get her in the OT then and there." He says as he taps my shoulder and leaves.

 It was a relief for now that she is alright... but no one knows what would happen next... I took deep breaths and went inside the ICU as I see my gorgeous girl lying on the bed as she rested her head on the pillow. I closed the door behind me as I went to sit beside her on the chair which was there near the bed. The chair creaks as I sat on it, I pulled it closer to her and took hr hand in mine as I made circles with my thumb. 

 She was cold, her touch was cold and so was mine. But I still felt her warmth and comfort she gave to me whenever I held her hand. She was an Angel and I was the Beast, but the word fate... it's such a surprising word you never know what happens. I never thought someone would make me feel so... safe around them, until I met Ruby, the love of my life. 

 Here I am holding Ruby's hand while she was badly injured and I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't think anything straight as I was hopeless. 

As I was in my own thoughts the door swings open and I saw Rachel come from that door, I had called her earlier but she was at work and her shift was going to end an hour later... I told her to finish her shift and then come over here. Tears started falling from her cheeks the second she saw Ruby in this state. She came running to me and hugged me. I confronted her as I hugged her even tighter. 

 "Rach... she is stable for now... and I am sure she will be just fine in no time." I say. 

 "but how did this happen?" she asks as she pulls away from our hug. 

 "you remember Anna?" I asked. When Anna was my girlfriend I had made her meet with my sister... they didn't go quite well as they both hated each other... but now I know why my sister always told me to never trust her. 

"oh gosh, you guys--" I cut her off. 

"no we are not together. But she came back... she also works for Robert. Well I couldn't finish my job, so he assigned her to complete it." I said. 

"oh my goodness... she ruined your date?" she asks me as I can sense her anger builds up. 

"Yes. And she shot Ruby near her waist. Her condition could've been worse if I didn't came here on time." I say. 

"poor baby... she doesn't serve this." She said. 

 "Rachel.. you should go home. You need to rest. I'll be here with her please, I'll call Francesco to pick you up." I say as she looked damn tired and she actually needed rest. 

"No, Lorenzo.. I wanna be here for her. she is my best friend, if I am not there with her, I would regret it." She says, I mean she is right.. Ruby was there for her when she was in the hospital but she looks tired, and I needed to take care of her. 

 After few minutes of arguing we came to an end and she is going home. She needs her rest, I told her she could come tomorrow morning the second visiting hours starts. I called Francesco and he picked her up and they went home. 

 The second Rachel went out of that door, I felt something falling from my eyes and I realised I was crying. I didn't stop myself from crying I let the tears fall from my eyes and let out sobs. 

 "I am so sorry Ruby.... I didn't know this would get you into trouble... I am so sorry Ruby... I couldn't do anything at that moment..." I let the tears fall as one drop fell on her hand and her hand twitched. I slowly started to hear her heavy breaths as she slowly opens her eyes. Her eyes roam around her surroundings and then finally locks it with mine. I take her hand and plant a kiss on her hand. 

 "hi baby..." my voice came out more of a whisper and... for the first time I felt my heart being calmed down. It was surprising how she made herself my world, she is my world and I can't think of anything except for her being safe. She tried to sit but I stopped her by placing my hand on her forehead and she smiled at my touch as she closed her eyes and takes it in. 

"I love you......" she mouthed those three words to me and I stood up and kissed her forehead. 

 "I love you more Ruby, don't ever leave me, please." I say as I tighten my grip on her hand. She nods in response. 

 The door swings open again and this time I see Dr Blackwood coming in. "

Ruby, I see you are awake..." he says and she nods. 

 "I see you are still numb but you'll be fine... " he removes some pills from a small container he had brought with him and continues. "why don't you sit erect and take these pain killers It'll help you heal better I am sure you must be feeling pain."

He says and as she sits erect I help her out to adjust her position and take the pain killers from the doctor and give her as I hand her a glass of water. 

 "in no time you'll be out of this hospital, Ruby." He says. And she smiles. 

 "thank you, doctor..." she says in a weak voice. He smiles and leaves. Which leaves us two alone in the room again. 

 She shifts herself before I could help her... she pats on the space which she just made on the bed and addressed me to sit beside her. 

 I gave her a 'are you sure' look and she smiles and pulls my hand as I sit on the bed with her and wrap my arms around her. I tuck her in the blanket properly as she cuddles closer to me and I hug her tight as I kiss her forehead and I can see her eyelids fall and she goes in a deep sleep.

This is what I want for the rest of my life... her comfort. She makes me feel a better person. She is the one for me. And I can't wait for her to be my wife, the mother of my children and my life partner.

______________

A/N: 

hey lovelies!! New chapter is out!! It's a short and sweet one with not cliff hangers and no hatred. I hope you guys enjoy every bit of it! Will be posting soon!! I love you!!!!! 

~N