Chapter 10

(tw suicide attempts)

Niki's POV

I sit there balling my eyes out as if my mother has just died. Why am I crying like this? Oh I know why. I was being a fucking jerk to the love of my life causing her to leave me for my best friend.

I can't believe he did that to me aswell...
Quickly standing up, I run uo the stairs and lock myself in my bathroom so I could get out of that mess.

The mess of seeing the people I love worried about me.
I honestly don't even think Yuma or Jiwoo looked at me in that scene.

It felt like hell.
Sighing, I look in the mirror frustrated, frustrated over the mess I've made. I did this. I'm trying to fix it but nothing seemed to work.

I heared Jay hyung's words repeat in my head from the other day...
"Niki...just because she broke up with you on this specific day doesn't mean you go hurting yourself....People go sometimes..."

He's right....people go sometimes.
So it wouldn't hurt if I left right now?

Ripping my hair out I look back into the mirror before letting out a deep sigh and reaching for the drawer.

Jay's POV

Me and Jake run upstairs to find Niki. But he isn't anywhere to be found.
"How about the bathroom?" The aussie guy suggests before darting towards the bathroom.

"It's locked" Jake tried to turn the handle over and over again. And he kept doing it.

"Do you think turning the handle over and over again will magically open the door?" Looking at him I knock on the door.

"p-please leave m-me alone.." The depressed ass boy sobbed.
"Please just for once...I'll come out in a bit..." Do I trust him??

Will he come out in a bit?
"Are you sure you'll come out?" I knocked on the door again.

"I promise...just leave me alone for a bit..." His voice shaked while saying it.

I signalled Jake to leave because I think he needs his alone time.

~~~

"You guys said that Niki would come down soon right?" Chaewon worriedly said. We are all worried about him, about what would happen to him, how is he going to cope with it?

"Yeah he said he needs time, he didn't say how long" I looked down wondering when he would get out.

I feel so bad for him, I feel bad for what he has to go through. He confuses me sometimes, but what confuses me the most is how Yuma left his best friend for Jiwoo, they look really close, it's like Niki didn't exist, both of them are just living there life, happily.

"Ugh this is so frustrating" Kyujin rips out her hair.
"Tell me about it" I lean on the sofa, thinking about the future. I wonder what happens...

Just then we see a tall figure walking down the stairs. So he did keep his promise.

"Niki!" The australian dad ran up to him and gave him a hug. I can tell he needed it.

"Bro why are you wearing a hoodie? it's boiling outside!" I turn my head to see Jake asking Niki about his hoodie.
Niki always wears t-shirts. He never wears hoodies except when it's winter.

"I-Im cold..." He wraps his arms around himself, trying to make it look like he was actually cold. I know he isn't, I've known Niki all my life and I know he loves the cold.

"If you say so" Jake leaves him and gestures him to join us on the sofa.
I turn to Niki and I see him looking at me back. 'what' he mouths to me. I mouth 'nothing' back to him.

I can tell something's up and I call tell Maki finds it weird because of the expression plastered in his face.

Niki's POV

"Why are you wearing a hoodie Niki?" They ask me.
I don't know what to say. What should I say. I'm not used to wearing hoodies.

"Uhm I'm cold.." Well that was a big lie. I love the cold. And I can tell Maki and Jay hyung are confused. Everyone's eyes are on me.

I go to sit down while Jay hyung keeps his eyes on me.
"Niki..." He whispers in my ear. "Why are you wearing a hoodie? I know you love the cold..please tell me the truth." I can't tell him. I just can't...

Flashback

I open the drawer to grab the blades I got from the shops the other day. No one knows about it, and no one should know about it.

I roll up my sleeves and put the blade against my skin...

I wince at the pain but it slowly became addictive. I cut 3 lines
on each arm. Looking at my arms proudly, I sob.

Why am I proud of myself? Have I gone physco? Probably.
Jiwoo...What have you done to me...what have you done to me that made me go crazy for you? You are like my drug...

I quickly grab a hoodie to cover up the cuts.

Running down the stairs I can see they are suspicious of me, of me wearing this hoodie, I can not tell anyone...

End of flashback

"I'm just cold...don't worry about it." Jay hyung looks at me suspiciously. I can tell he is onto something, Maki is too...

~7th January 2023~