ᴏɴᴇ.

A/N: I am currently editing this whole story. Most chapters will start in Y/N's POV, unless indicated.
Signing will be italicised

Thanks to @incogniiit0 for the photo above!

Narrator's POV

Y/N groaned in annoyance, rolling off the top of her hammock as she was woken up by the sound of horns, and the sun's ray shone upon her teal skinned face. She held her hand above her face to block the aching light, before she was dragged by her little sister, Tsi'reya, who just entered the Mauri pod.

"Come Y/N! There are newcomers here!" Tsi'reya beamed as she pulled Y/N's arm, and was dragged across the wooden floor out of the Mauri pod. Y/N swiftly stood up and chased after her, in fear of burning her light teal skin because of the wood.

"Are they gonna be annoying like you are, 'Reya?" Y/N retorted in reply, which earned an eye roll from her sister. She then chased Tsi'reya to catch up with her, slowing her pace down as they walked together to the shore. Y/N took in the new family's features. They were a big family, really. They had darker blue skin, and Y/N quickly realised they were natives of the forest people.

The two girls' brother, Aonung, approached the two Omatikaya brothers, who stood adjacent to one another, and ridiculed the fact that their bodies are different to the Metkayina's, and that they wouldn't have a swimming privilege like the Metkayina do. "Is that supposed to be a tail?" Aonung laughed at the sight.

"They're so thin! How are they supposed to swim!" Aonung's friend, Roxto replied. Aonung took ahold of the tail which seemed like the older brother's tail. Y/N sure didn't like the teasing that came out of Aonung and Roxto's mouth, so she took the initiative to defend the brothers from her own. Her legs made her move towards the boys, slapping their hands off the older boy's tail, making Aonung hiss at her. She pulled her head backwards and raised an eyebrow at him in disgust.

"Shut up, skxwang." Y/N's approach made him fall silent.

"Hey." The younger one greeted, which caught Y/N's attention. She found him attractive. She acknowledged him by smiling at him, turning away to return to her former position, which was next to her sister.

Lo'ak's POV

I felt intimidated. Them making fun of our tails was not a good start to arriving on this island. The one with the bun grabbed onto mine, and a girl stepped in, swatting his hands off. They both had a bit of tension towards each other, but the girl ended it by simply saying: "Shut up, skxwang."

"Hey." I said. I caught her attention as she looked at me. She was beautiful. Her eyes were a beautiful blue, and she had a streak of white hair located at one side of her hairline. She had slightly bigger breasts compared to the other Metkayina women, and she was curvy. She had slightly wide hips. She smiled at me. I felt my heart flutter. She has a big smile. She turned around to walk back to what seemed like her friend? Sister? I noticed a small scar at the back of her thigh, which was a dark teal, matching the colour of the stripes on her face.

A/N: I only did this to explain how Y/N looked. This is my way of viewing her, and you guys are totally free to see her how you want. Don't change the scar though, it applies to the story.

Narrator's POV

Y/N's mother, Ronal, chose to pick on the teenage girl and the youngest boy. She did not hesitate to embarrass them in front of the whole clan, pointing out their 4 fingers. Their extra finger was a sign that their blood was titled 'demon', and Y/N couldn't help but feel bad for the discrimination.