ɴɪɴᴇ.

A/N: Correct me if I'm wrong with the storyline, I havent had the chance to watch the tulkun murdering and how Ronal and Toniwari found out, so I'm taking a wild guess.

Y/N and Lo'ak were sneaking around the village, hand in hand, wanting to play in the water in the rain. They managed to get to the side of the Sully's hut, but they stopped walking after hearing commotion coming from both of their fathers.

"One of the other Metkayina villages had their leader and mate tied up, they had a gun to his mate's head." Y/N looked behind her in fear. Lo'ak was already staring at her. He squeezed her hand to let her know that things will be okay. "I told them to speak no word of you, by my order." Y/N sighed softly. "Y/N. What are you doing?" Tonowari caught his daughter eavesdropping with his friend's son. They were ordered to accompany the adults to check on the Tulkun. Everyone was horrified with what they saw.

There she was. Roa. Ronal's spirit sister. She laid there lifeless, 6 inflated tubes making her stay afloat. Her eyes were rolled to the back of her head. Ronal got off her skimwing quickly, mourning Roa. 

"What is this, Toniwari, what is this?!" She cried, grieving her spirit sister, who kept her happy. "She was my spirit sister." She said, her voice hoarse, trying to stop her from talking. "She was the composer of songs, we would sing together." She looked at the dead calf beside the mother. "She waited, many breeding cycles, to have this baby." She said, pausing after every few words.

Y/N looked down, then looked up to the side, noticing a familiar tulkun lifeless as well. Her eyes widened in horror. "Leilani!" Y/N shrieked. She commanded Shelly to swim over to Leliani, and she dismounted hastily, disconnecting their queues and hugging the large body, bawling her eyes out. The animal who saved Y/N's life, the one who gave her the scar as a sign of their connection has left the young girl. Y/N felt a presence behind her, and they wrapped their arms around her. It was Neytiri. Y/N tried to push her away, but she didn't resist, she held Y/N's head just under her chin, her hand stroking the young girl's hair gently, to reassure me. Shelly was rubbing her head against Y/N's stomach, as if she could sense Y/N's distressed state.

"Shh, it's okay." Neytiri told Y/N, but she just kept on shedding tears.

"I'll take her." Y/N heard Lo'ak's voice beside her, before two hands grabbed Y/N shoulders and pulled her towards a body, which comforted the girl. Lo'ak hoisted Y/N up onto his ilu, her being in front of him because he wanted to reassure Y/N with his physical touch. His hand was around the girl's body, his palm on her back as Y/N was pushed against his chest. Her arms were wrapped around his torso as Lo'ak's other hand lay on the handle of his ilu's saddle.

"Leilani." Y/N mumbled into Lo'ak's chest.

"You'll always have a part of her with you, Y/N." Lo'ak said, as he slithered his hand down Y/N's body, and to her scarred thigh, rubbing his hand up and down the scar. She smiled into his chest, trying not to cry any more.

He carried Y/N towards the spot where Y/N said her 'I see you's', which had become their favourite spot to be together. He laid Y/N's back against a rock, and kissed her forehead, leaving his lips on there for a few seconds, before hugging her.

"Leilani was the first one who helped me embrace my flaws. Even if she made a flaw, she helped me love it, because it was a 'gift from Eywa'. Her words made me love myself a lot, and not care about the people around me who judged me. Shes my beautiful sweet baby." Y/N told Lo'ak, and she could feel his chin moving up and down, meaning he was nodding.

"Do you think this will end?" The girl asked him, pulling away from him.

Y/N's POV

Lo'ak looked at me, coming closer to me, and not giving me any space as I was backed up against the rock I was sat leaning on. "Yeah." He said, his voice makes me want to melt. He connected his lips with mine, and we continued this heated bond between us, him saying "I love you" once in between our kisses.