ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ.

Narrator's POV

"Neteyam! Carry me back to the village! Please!" Tuk begged Neteyam. All the children have been out in the ocean playing around, and hunting. Everyone was exhausted. "Can we race you guys! We will win!" Tuk supposedly had a brilliant idea to make things even more fun.

"Okay, okay. Everybody pair up!" Neteyam called everyone in.

"Lo'ak!" Y/N ran to Lo'ak first.

"Y/N!" They both jumped on each other, falling to the ground before getting up.

"I'm carrying you." Y/N told Lo'ak, grinning smugly. Lo'ak laughed at her.

"You're gonna fucking die with me on you."

"If I die, you die." Y/N turned around in front of him, squatting down so he can climb onto her back. She stumbled a bit, but regained her balance.

"You're with me big brother." Tsi'reya climbed onto Aonung's back.

"If I lose, I'm blaming you." Aonung agreed to go with her.

"Kiri, wanna pair up?" Roxto asked. She smiled at him while nodding. She climbed onto his back. This meant Spider was alone, but he had another idea.

Neteyam decided to carry Tuk at his front, which was perfect for Spider. "You're not leaving me out you two." He jumped onto Neteyam's back, adding more weight.

"Winner gets a whole feast to themselves!" Aonung cheered.

"Ready, set, go!"

The 4 racers set off. Neteyam was being dusted off at the back, because he was carrying two people and didn't want to hurt Tuk by falling down. Aonung and Tsi'reya were first, competing with Y/N and Lo'ak, with Roxto and Kiri just sailing behind. Y/N tripped over a rock, sending her and Lo'ak flying towards the ground, Lo'ak being thrown in front of her.

Aonung and Tsi'reya came first, meaning they get a whole feast to themselves. Roxto and Kiri came behind, so did Neteyam, Tuk, and Spider, meaning Lo'ak and Y/N were living a good time in last place. Everyone walked over to Y/N who was laying flat on the sand, her face stuck to it.

"Is she okay?" Tuk asked.

Y/N fake sobbed, turning her body over and crying dramatically as a joke. She held her hands to her face. "I wanted the food!" She kicked her feet around the sand before Lo'ak pulled her up, throwing her on his shoulder. He rushed over to the water again, and threw her in.

"Stop crying. If you didn't trip over we would have won." The group giggled as they approached the two lovers. Y/N ran out of the water and ran back to the village, about to mourn her loss.

Y/N had a brilliant idea planned. She was going to steal a plate with a whole fish on it, so she could eat it herself. She snuck over behind Tsi'reya and Aonung, who were busy munching on their food. She leaned over slowly, not being caught, before quickly snatching a large plate away and running off.

"Y/N!" Aonung stood up and chased after her, but he was far behind.

Y/N targeted the Sully's Mauri Pod, there was enough food for the family there to eat in her hands right now. She ran in, ducking over behind a hammock. The siblings of the Sully family were confused. "Hide me!" Y/N whispered. Kiri rushed over to her, and sat on the hammock, in front of her. After a good minute, Y/N was sure Aonung can't find his sister, so she left her hiding spot and returned to the middle of the pod.

"Thanks Y/N." Y/N didn't reply to Neteyam's thanks because she dug into the food, demolishing some of it. The fish was finished in a matter of minutes. The parents had a seperate hut to the children.