12

"It's 'bout time you bunch came back."

I scoff at Minx's comment and shove my way inside past her.

"Why don't you go sleep in the forest and walk across a scorching hot beach for an hour then rephrase that," I snap back and flop across the armrest and onto her couch exhausted.

"Looks like someone had a fun time." I glare at her as she walks into the room, everyone else following her.

"Listen we got your stuff, we're free to leave now right?" As everyone can probably tell, I'm trying to move this along as quickly as possible and thankfully Minx gets the message.

"Yeah just follow me. Bring the shells." We follow her to another room and when she opens the door we're met with chests full of treasures. 

This room is much cleaner than the map room. Shelves neatly displaying expensive things such as necklaces all the way to random things like a sparkly pinecone. 

"Carefully dump them on that table there," she points to a wooden table in the back corner and slowly we pour the shells out onto it. Stepping away, we let her inspect the shells before she flicks her hand towards the door, not looking away from the pile of seashells. "Thank you, y'all can leave now." 

I try not to let out a sigh of relief as we leave her old swamp cabin. Though once we cross over the pond I let myself express how I feel.

"Finally, that's done." I see Quackity in front of me nod in agreement.

"Not a huge fan of her to be honest." I think we all silently agree with Quackity.

Eventually we arrive back at the ship and we are greeted by a chorus of cheers when Dream holds the map up in his fist.

"This deserves a drink!" Someone in the crowd of people shouts out. Everyone roars in agreement and then Bad is scurrying off to get everyone a glass of rum. I run off with him to help carry the glasses.

Arriving back on deck with glasses for drinks, everyone seems to be in the best spirits I've seen in a while. Large smiles on faces, excited chatter filling the air and even some people dancing. 

It makes me smile and then people taking glasses from where I have them suspended in mid air. A swirl of blue floats around the glasses, showing where my magic is being used. I walk around until I run out of glasses and then I'm going back downstairs to grab a couple bottles of rum.

"Hey George," I jump and turn around, instinctively holding my staff in front of me as if it were a sword.

"Dream you scared me." After realising who it is, I let myself relax and grab four bottles of rum. Pausing, I contemplate and decide to put the bottles back, instead turning to a barrel full of the stuff. If people have a reason to celebrate and drink, celebrate and drink they will.

"Sorry," he apologises. "I just wanted to apologise for the beach."

"What, why?"

"I don't know, just in case I made you uncomfortable. I also feel bad, forcing you to visit Minx, I know you're not a big fan of her."

"First of all, I chose to go to Minx's. You didn't force me to do anything," I lean against the counter and face the door where Dream is standing. "And no, the beach was fine, the walking, the water, it's alright. Stop worrying so much."

"Yeah, no, of course." He rubs the back of his neck and I raise an eyebrow.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah everythings great." He tries to give me a reassuring smile but I know that smile. He's not telling me something.

"Listen Dream you know you can alw-" a bang from somewhere outside the door against the woodof the ship, interrupts me.

"Hurry up George, we're getting restless up here." I roll my eyes and sigh. Sapnap, always eager for a reason to drink.

"I'm coming up right now!" I yell back at him. I head towards the barrel with my staff.

"You want me to carry that?" Dream offers.

"I don't need your help, wouldn't want to tire you either," I say smiling as I pick up the barrel, a slightly transparent cloud enveloping it before it lifts off the ground. Dream holds the door for me and bows slightly.

"Ladies first," he stretches one arm towards the stairs leading up to the upper deck. As I walk past him, I make sure to step extra hard on his foot with my heel.

___

Okay so two things. 

First.

I have another book! It's DNF with Karlnapity and it's a Spider-Man AU. Go check it out.

Second thing.

I have an AO3 account that I forgot about (whoops). My username is Crocodile_03

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!