01. The Thugs and The Throne's Thralls

-Year 844-

Fwish!

Levi, Farlan, and Isabel were flying swiftly between the underground city ceiling with their 3DMG. Far behind them, a group of seven MPs were coming after them.

"Shit! Those thugs!" One of the MP pulled the trigger of his 3DMG and shot the wires to one of the stalactites. Unfortunately his aim missed, and he ultimately fell down.

"Kris!!" The only female MP shouted for her falling comrade. She gritted her teeth and directed her furious glare at Levi's group. "Damn you bastards! I'll never forgive you!!"

"What's up with her?" Isabel peeked from her shoulder. "We even haven't done anything yet, and they've already bitching around."

"There are more of them today, aren't there?" Farlan wondered out loud after taking a quick glance at them.

"Doesn't matter!" Isabel cut in with a grin. "Even with that lot, they are still no match against us! Right, aniki?"

"Yeah," Levi who was leading them commented. "Let's do it like we always do, Isabel, Farlan."

"Oh, wait, aniki! I suddenly thought of a very good idea!" Isabel said. "Let's race! The slowest one will have to pay for lunch today! How about it?" Without waiting for a response she continued.

"Seriously? We don't have time for that," Farlan frowned. Isabel rolled her eyes. "What, are you scared of losing, Farlan?" "What? Hell no!" Farlan retorted. "Levi, you tell her!"

"I don't think that's a bad idea."

"What the-- Oh fine then!"

"Yosh! On your marks, then..."

The three tightened their grip on their trigger, waiting for Isabel's command. "Go!!" As Isabel exclaimed, the three scattered.

"I wish you good luck, Farlan!" Isabel said mockingly as she went to the right. "Dammit, like I'm gonna lose!" Farlan yelled before drifting to his left while Levi kept heading straight.

"What a drag," Levi said after he took a glimpse of four military polices following after him. Levi suddenly stopped the flow of his gas and detached his wires, resulting him to be skimming downwards in full speed.

"What the hell is he thinking?!" "He's crazy!" Not having even a second to bother at the MP's shocked shouts, Levi skilfully shot his wire to a building next to his left and made a sharp turn towards a hallway.

The MPs dropped their jaws in shock. "After him!" One of them snapped.

The four went after him and soon came in contact with the floor. They looked around for any sign of the black-haired man, but they only found a dead end ahead of them.

"Tsk, a dead end..." One of them, most likely the leader, cursed. He then turned around to face his subordinates. "Let's--"

Fwish!

Before the man could finish his words, Levi came out of nowhere and lunged his back, hard. Levi successfully sent him flying and knocked him out cold. "Leader!" His squad members shrieked.

"Shit, an ambush?!" A man reached a hidden pistol from his vest and quickly pointed it at Levi. Levi, however, immediately squatted before the man could fire his pistol and hooked his foot to the man's feet, making him toppled behind and hit his rear head to the wall and lost consciousness in result.

"Tony!" His comrade shouted as Levi grabbed the pistol from his hand. Levi aimed the pistol to the other man's head, but he never fired it. Instead he used his strength to hurl it towards the man's face, breaking his nose in result and instantly knocked him down.

"Ah..." The last member fell to her butt. Levi picked the pistol up and observed it.

"P-Please spare me..." The woman stuttered as she looked at Levi in fear.

Levi glanced at her. "Aren't you the whore who said that she won't forgive us?" Levi monotoned as he reloaded the pistol. He aimed it at the woman's head. "Die, you piglet."

A gunshot resonated in the underground city.

Levi stared blankly at the woman, who had passed out with tears streaming down her cheeks. A trace of bullet was holing the wall next to her ear.

"So much for the so-called military police," Levi scoffed. He threw the pistol away and turned around.

"That took longer than I thought..." He murmured to himself. He looked away, then caught a sight of something glinting from the leader's vest.

"Guess you owe us a serve of food, Levi." Farlan smirked once Levi had arrived at their hideout.

"Shut it, Farlan! Aniki was handling four of 'em!" Isabel hissed at him. Farlan rolled his eyes.

"A bet is a bet. And I was faster than you, remember," Farlan pointed his finger at Isabel. "And you only took a man, so the loser is actually you." "Kuh!" Isabel gritted her teeth, unable to protest.

"Cut it out, you two." Levi broke in.

Isabel snorted. "More importantly, did you hear a gunshot?" Isabel gave Levi a concerned look. Farlan also looked at Levi with his brow raised, waiting for his answer.

"Yeah, that was me," Levi curtly said. "I didn't kill, though."

"That's good to hear," Farlan said as he folded his arms. "Anyway, does that mean the bet is cancelled?"

Levi took something from his pocket and outstretched his hand, showing the other two a silver pocket watch. "Found this," Levi smirked. The two widened their eyes and soon grinned.

"We are heading up."