03. Greetings and Farewell

"Hey Aile! We're here!" Isabel exclaimed as she stormed into the store. Farlan and Levi walked in after her. "Yo," Farlan greeted casually while Levi just nodded with his usual face.

Aile who just went out from the inner room smiled at them. "Hey, what's up? You guys come earlier today!"

It had been three months since their first meeting. Both side had established a close relationship within the time. Aile's debt had long been paid off, but the thug trio found her store to be a rather comfortable place for them, so they kept visiting it frequently.

Isabel sniffed around. "Hey... I smell something good!"

Aile grinned widely. "Yup, you guys come at the right time! I just finished cooking!"

"Cooking?" Isabel repeated after she had seated herself on a crate. "You mean, like, mixing up foods to make them an even better food?!"

"We don't have enough money for that," Levi remarked.

"Oh don't worry," Aile took four plates from the cupboard and placed them on a coffee table at the center of the room. "It's my treat!"

"Cool!" Isabel chirped, and moved the crate she was sitting on closer to the table. Farlan and Levi picked a crate for themselves and also took a seat around the table.

"Be right back," Aile winked before going into the inner room of the store. Levi and Farlan nodded while Isabel waved.

Isabel turned to look at Farlan and Levi, with her face getting serious. "Hey, about the work... Are we really going to do it?"

"How many times do we need to tell you, Isabel?" Farlan who was sitting across her frowned.

"There's no sign of them until now. We only move when they make their moves," Levi continued while crossing his arms.

Farlan nodded. "Yeah, but they can come anytime," he said as he rested his chin on his hand. "We don't want to involve her, so that's why this will be our last visit here."

Isabel looked down at her fingers. "Our last visit, huh..." She muttered softly.

The three fell into complete silence. "...Make sure you say your goodbye properly." Levi slowly said.

-Flashback-

"...This is getting more and more shady," Levi threw his glare at the mysterious man who was standing in front of the door of their hideout.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear anything. Now hurry up and return to the surface. Anything you said is a waste of time..." "Wait, Levi."

"Huh?" Levi arched his brow at Farlan when Farlan raised his hand in front of his face. Farlan's expression looked serious.

"I kinda understand where this is going, but this is too sudden," Farlan said while smiling at the mysterious man. "We'll give it some thought, okay?"

The mysterious man looked blankly at him. "...Very well," he said as he turned away. "Give me your answer tomorrow. And no one should know about this conversation beside us," he glanced at them before exiting the room.

"If you try anything funny, your friends will be the one who suffer... including that shopkeeper girl."

The three flinched at the last part.

"Damn that old geezer... He spied on us this whole time!" Isabel slammed her fist to the table. "Aile has nothing to do with this, fuck!"

"Exactly," Levi looked completely unamused. He glared at Farlan. "This is because of your shit idea, Farlan."