11. To Flip a New Page, Requires Sacrifices

It was another day of expedition for the Survey Corps. Since the fall of the Shiganshina District and followed by Wall Maria five years ago, the Survey Corps had been using Trost District gate as their expedition gate.

Their purpose was also changed from exploring the outside world into reclaiming items from the abandoned towns and villages inside Wall Maria, and for Hanji's squad was to conduct experiments on titans.

This time they were stopping at another town to sweep for any remains.

"Oh ho ho! You're so perfect to be our next test subject!" Hanji exclaimed with a wide grin, drool was coming out from her mouth. She was standing on top a roof, in front of her stood a 7-meter class titan.

"C'mon, atta boy, yosh!"

Hanji bent and patted her kneecap several times as if she was calling for a pet. The titan roared, while it suddenly outstretched its hand to grab Hanji, catching her off guard. "Oops-"

SLASH!

The whole palm of the titan fell to the ground with a loud thud, cut by someone. Hanji's grin immediately went wider as the cutter landed near her. "Nice timing as always!" Hanji launched herself towards the titan, grappling the hooks onto its chest and pivoted midair, "Yahoo!" She exclaimed while slicing the titan's nape instantly.

"Too bad, he could be a nice next test subject, don't you agree?" She landed next to the cutter, grinning widely while ignoring the evaporating blood stain on her green cloak.

The cutter frowned. "See, Hanji. I understand your passion for titans, but treating them like your pet? I strongly object it."

Hanji chuckled in return. "I was calm because I know that my number-one lovely assistant always watches for my back! And I was right, you came just in time. Like always!"

The cutter, Aile, immediately dropped her head in depression. "Ah, I know I should've listened to Levi when he said not to spoil you..."

Hanji grinned widely and slapped Aile hard on her back, making the girl cringed. "What was that for?!" Aile's eye twitched as she looked peevishly at Hanji, but the glasses girl was looking away at the distance.

"Aile. Do you notice that... the number of them are decreasing?" Hanji narrowed her eyes. Aile blinked, then went to stand next to her. "Well, I was about to say the same thing..."

"Squad Leader Hanji! Aile!" Moblit suddenly came rushing to their side. The two looked at him as he panted heavily. "Commander... Erwin... huff... has..." "Hey, calm down, Moblit. We can't understand you!" Aile put her hands on her hips.

Moblit took a deep breath. "...Commander Erwin. He has given his order... that we will return to the wall." Aile and Hanji raised a brow. "Did something happen?" Hanji questioned.

"Yes. The titans are heading towards the wall..." The two immediately widened their eyes in shock.

Again? Aile thought horridly.

"I will continue to pass the news to others." "Yes, please do," Hanji nodded firmly, her face remained normal. She glanced at Aile. "Aile, you do that too. Spread the news to whoever come across to you within five kilometres."

"Understood!" The two immediately split up, while Hanji went to another direction to find her horse and regroup.

Aile went to the west side and passed the news to some scouts she met. Then from afar she could see two titans, both were 15-metre class. One of those titans suddenly fell down, then a second later she could see a small figure was standing on the head of the remaining titan. That figure jumped highly, then in a moment that titan fell down.