10. Ilse's Journal (Part 2)

"...This is Ilse Lagnar's journal..." Levi stated.

"Let me see it!" Hanji suddenly snatched the note from Levi's hand. As she read the book entries, her facial expression was getting more serious.

"Well?" Levi asked.

Hanji closed the book, then turned to Aile. "Aile, after we returned I want you to tidy up this book for me," she looked straight at Aile with the book in her hand.

Aile glanced at her as she finished mourning Ilse's corpse. "Sure, Squad Leader." Aile answered without questioning her.

Hanji nodded. "Also take her cloak with you," she said again. She then turned to Levi and flashed him a grin. "See, we were right to follow Chicciropper!"

"Does that notebook contain something?" Levi ignored her.

"What do you think, Levi?" Hanji questioned back, making the man narrowed his eyes in annoyance.

"Here, you want to be the one to carry it, don't you?" Aile suddenly had stood beside Hanji with Ilse's cloak in her hands.

Hanji nodded in response and received the cloak. "Keep this with you, Aile." She said while handing the note to Aile.

Aile took the book and opened it. Her eyebrows furrowed as she flipped page after page. "Nice, now I know why you hand it to me."

Levi's squad looked questionably at her while Levi deadpanned.

Hanji grinned. "Well, our business has done here! Let's regroup!"

---------

-Three days later, evening inside the Survey Corps HQ-

Aile was tottering along her way to Hanji's room. She had just finished rewriting the note, which took a whole day of her supposed to be day off just to do it. She blamed Ilse's scrawl and raindrops for it.

Aile finally reached Hanji's room. She knocked the door, but there was no answer. Aile sighed before twisting the doorknob, opening the unlocked door.

Upon entering the room Aile saw some sheets of paper were scattered here and there, with Hanji fast asleep on her desk.

Aile rubbed her temple. She walked in, picked up all the papers and stacked them neatly on the corner of Hanji's desk.

"Hanji, wake up," Aile shook Hanji's shoulder lightly.

"Huh? Who?" Hanji slowly woke up from her sleep. As Hanji wiped her drools, Aile sighed again. "It's Aile."

"Oh, Aile? Since when did you get here?" Hanji narrowed her eyes at Aile's direction. "...Do you know where I left my glasses? I can't see you without 'em."

"Right on your head, dummy."

Hanji put her glasses on. "Now I can see you. What is it, Aile?" Still half-asleep, she asked.

"I was thinking of giving you a long lecture about you and your chaotic room but I've got more important matter," Aile replied while raising up a small notebook.

Hanji's face immediately lit up. "By chance, is that...?" "Yep. Here you go."

Hanji received the book and flipped the pages open, smiling widely as she did it. "Ah, it's readable now! Good job as always, Aile!"

"It really put eyestrain on my eyes," Aile frowned. "Hope I don't need to get myself a glasses..."

"...Hmm, interesting indeed..." Hanji mumbled to herself with furrowed brows. "Ahh, so unusual..."

"...Are you listening?" Aile narrowed down her eyes. She took out Ilse's notebook and handed it to Hanji. "By the way, this is the original."

Hanji took it without even taking a glance at Aile. She put the book on her desk while kept reading, making Aile sighed again. "Alright, that's all. I'm gonna sleep."