17. Omelette

Aile pushed herself up from her desk and stretched up her arms. Grunting, she massaged her back before letting out a huge yawn. "Ah, finally..."

She rubbed her swollen eyes lazily while her other hand reached a glass standing on the edge of her desk. She drank its contents until it was empty, then let out a satisfied sigh.

She stared blankly at the now empty glass for a while. Letting out a yawn she put the glass back and pulled her body to stand. Her gaze absentmindedly fell upon her desk, which had neatly placed piles of paper on top of it.

"Job's done. Levi's gonna be proud of me." she smirked to herself as she proudly eyed them.

The girl stretched her arms again as she purred, "Now I can finally go to slee-"

But her words were cut off as she spotted her surroundings. "...what the hell? Did a storm just hit this place?" she shrieked.

Her chaotic room was the reason of her screaming; books scattered everywhere, unmade bed, dusty floor and crumpling papers were mounted beside her desk.

She herself was no different; her auburn hair was tied in tousled ponytail and her eyes looked tired with eyebags below them, due to not having sleep for nights. Her rumpled pajama completed her appearance.

The girl promptly rushed out of her room and some moments later came back with cleaning equipments. She tied a napkin over her hair and another over her mouth and nose. "Alright," she muttered as she put on rubber gloves, "Let's get this over with!"

***

Three hours later, she finished cleaning.

She took off her mask and eyed her room proudly. "This feels a whole lot better now." she commented with a wide smile. Now her room had become clean and tidy, not a single speck of dust was seen.

Suddenly a rumbling sound could be heard from her belly. "...I haven't had my breakfast... figures," she sighed thinly while rubbing her belly. "...that reminds me... why didn't anyone bring it to my room? Or at least call me for it?"

As she stared out the window she realized the reason. "Oh, it's already noon... and today's the day of the expedition. They must have left already." she deadpanned, totally unimpressed.

Her belly rumbled again, and she decided to go to the kitchen and find something to satisfy her hunger. There, she found some loaves of bread, but they only made her frowned, "Bread... I'm not in the mood..."

Her gaze shifted to her side and a small cardboard caught her attention. Curious, she opened it and found one leftover egg inside.

She didn't know why, but her hand quietly moved to take it. 'Come to think of it, it's been years since I last made omelette,' she thought while eyeing the small object in her hand. Her eyes narrowed, 'Yes... the last time I made one was when I spied those three...'

She shook her head and decided to make omelette. As she beat the egg her thoughts wondered, 'Now that I think about it, from who and when did I learned to make one? I've got no mom nor relatives and pops' hopeless in cooking things other than meat...'

She put the batter on a frying pan and started cooking it. She flipped the half-cooked egg in the air and caught it with the pan. As she did it, a man's face with light colored hair and blue eyes flashed in front of her eyes. "...huh? What was that?"

She decided to just shrug it off. "...done!"

God, the smell of her cooking was so appetizing that she already had her mouth watered. However she restrained herself from gobbling it right away and instead brought it with a glass of water to the mess hall.