Chapter 48 - A Sign From Heaven

"So, that's the updated situation." Dante felt a sense of déjà vu as he finished informing Werner.

The shusaku leader stood there, a blank look in his eyes.

"Everything okay there?" Dante asked him.

"Yes, of course, Lord Shield." Werner responded blandly. "Will you excuse me for a moment?"

Werner left the throne room without waiting for an answer.

"He's taking that well." Keel said jokingly.

After a few minutes of waiting, Werner returned.

"So—" Before Dante could even begin, Werner held up a hand and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Just...please, Lord Shield, let me..." He could barely get out a proper sentence.

"Yeah, sure." It wasn't every day God came with another problem, though it was starting to feel that way.

Werner took a deep breath. "I will convene with the other tribe heads and figure out a proper course of action."

"Okay, good." Dante nodded.

"In the meantime, please see the tailor for something more presentable."

"Is that really...okay." Dante was going to argue since he'd be getting magic clothes in a few days anyway, but he figured he was lucky Werner didn't completely lose it. Besides, his current tunic wasn't really cutting it for him.

They went to the tailors next, where some of the party were waiting to spin out some magic thread. Upon entering, Atla warned Dante about an ominous presence she just sensed. It was no great mystery what that was.

The tailor who made the non-magical clothing showed Dante what was available. There was a wide variety, but he had to make sure whatever he wore wouldn't disintegrate from his curse. Despite the tailor being a bit nervous working with the now female Lord Shield, he was able to find something that worked for Dante. He ended up with a red tunic fitted for someone his size now, plus a brassiere.

After everyone finished spinning their thread and giving their design ideas to the other tailor, they teleported to Faubrey's hourglass.

"Raphtalia, you made it!" Khana immediately came up and slung an arm over the taller woman's shoulder. It was almost as if she were waiting for her to show up.

With a sigh, Raphtalia looked over at her. "Hello, Khana."

"Aw, what's with that look? Aren't you happy to see me?" Khana asked, eyes wide in obviously fake concern.

"Not if you keep hitting on me." Raphtalia told her.

"So cold~." Khana removed her arm. "Maybe the smaller swordswoman is interested."

"I am not." Eclair told her flatly.

Khana looked between the two, a grin slowly forming. "Ooh. I see. You two did it."

"They what?" Rifana held a paw over her mouth.

Raphtalia and Eclair turned their faces away.

"Hah! I knew you two were into each other! But where does that leave me? Is there truly no room in your hearts for Khana? Or your skirt? Or your pants?"

"M-Miss Khana, please." The mage of her party, Martin, spoke up.

"And who's this little cutie~?" Khana ignored the man and stepped around the blushing pair to Reiko.

"R-Reiko, ma'am." She stuttered out at the giant's approach.

"Well, aren't you just adorable?" Khana petted her head, ruffling her bright hair. "Seems little man is finding all sorts of people to join him. Where is he, anyway?"