Chapter 60 - Just Your Average Day

It was morning, two days after Melty arrived in the village.

"Ah, Dante..."

"Just a little more."

The discussion about what to do about Melty—and, by extension, Malty—didn't bare much fruit. If Dante was going to bring her back, it would've needed to be right away. The day after, when they had their talk, was too late. Eclair sited 'body doubles' being the lead reason, where they—the church, corrupt ministers, Malty's allies, etc.—could claim an imposter was returned to do anything, including killing the king. Brainwashing was also floated. Eclair's position on Malty leaned much more toward Dante's depiction after learning she helped promote Davon Mallory.

"Not there..."

"You're doing so well."

While being reactive wasn't preferred, going back to Melromarc castle now would cause too many issues. They decided to wait and see what would happen next. Hopefully, it wouldn't be war, though that might be Malty's plan to get her sister killed. Rally the heroes to save her sister against the Shield Demon, only to find she's already dead. That sort of thing. It wasn't as if Melromarc was in good standing with too many countries at the moment, so it didn't seem likely. Siltvelt, on the other hand, had Faubrey and Shieldfreeden. While Zeltoble might not side with Siltvelt, being a nation of merchants and mercenaries, they likely wouldn't join with Melromarc. Summoning all of the Cardinal Heroes, plus Dante participating in their last wave, put Siltvelt in a higher standing.

"Please..."

"Almost there..."

Melty had some idea where her mother might be. Since Lilith was big enough now, Dante would teleport as close as he could and start flying to find her. In the meantime, they were doing a bit of housekeeping. The village still needed to run smoothly, especially with more children being brought in. Dante went back to the slave trader yesterday, as well as Zeltoble after. There, he prioritized children that were sold by their parents first. It was a dark memory from when Dante first met Fohl. Shieldfreeden's wave was also soon, but it was that country's third wave as well. Only potential invaders were the issue. His party still went out to gain levels.

"I can't take it..."

"There! Hold that pose!"

The lack of urgency is what led to the current situation.

"Dante, Keel! Stay just like that!" Ann shouted from her seat, a drawing pad placed in front of her.

The setting for this scene was Dante's room within the bioplant manor. Specifically, Dante's bed. The characters were Dante himself and Keel. The plot...two young men expressing their love for one another. One was timid, unsure of the emotions welling within him. The other was hungry like a wolf, eager to please himself and his partner.

Ann was much more specific for what she wanted to see.

"This is so embarrassing!" Keel whined, his head turned to the side. He was in his demi-human form, and was not enjoying his time.

"It's the consequence for killing Armor, I suppose." Dante reasoned, finally speaking.

Keel had his back on the bed, one arm up and pressed against it by Dante. The other was gripping the bed itself at his side. Dante was positioned above him, his bare chest firmly pressed against Keel's. His free hand was placed on Keel's lower hip, his thumb sliding over the younger man's toned stomach.

"I thought you said that was a good thing." Keel tried arguing, though his voice was growing softer.

"It was, but it still caused problems. Honestly, this is nothing compared to all the other crap we've had to deal with." Dante's point was hard to refute.