9: Dobermans

AU: Jungkook gets a dog of his own and he tries to convince cat lover aka his girlfriend, Lisa, to adopt one too.

2020

During this time of year, it is difficult for the couple to see each other. Covid-19 has surged in cases throughout South Korea, so spending time together was rather impossible these past few months.

For Jungkook, this was a hard year to get through, both mentally and physically. Many times, he tried to persuade his stubborn girlfriend to visit him, at least once, but her responsible self always said no.

"Jungkook, you know I love you, but I don't think it's right to come see you especially with everything going on." Lisa spoke softly on FaceTime. "I want to see you so bad. Trust me."

Her big doe eyes had tears in them, and Jungkook felt guilty. He knew how much she loved him, and wanted to be with him, but for him — Jungkook needed her by his side, no one else made him feel this way like a boy hopelessly in love.

Jungkook sighed deeply, running his hands through his hair, then glanced his eyes to the side before speaking. "Listen. I know it is a lot to ask, but please see me when you are ready. You know I will always wait for you. Hell, I waited so long for you to accept me and our relationship."

Lisa giggled, making his heart jump and his skin formed goosebumps.

God, he missed her so bad.

"I know you were upset about us not dating for a long time. Don't think I didn't hear speech after speech from BamBam and Mingyu, begging me to just text you back."

"Hey! I'm not that insecure anymore!" Jungkook says, his face pouting like a child. Once again, he glanced to the side, then continued speaking. "It's been over a year; I am totally confident in our relationship now."

And he is. Since he first laid eyes on her, he fell in love. He never believed in love at first sight, but it changed when he saw Lisa. He remembered when his friend BamBam introduced Lisa to the 97-liners group. Jungkook swore it was like a scene from an anime. Tulips and stars surrounded her presence and when she spoke it sounded like birds singing.

Jungkook was star-struck and couldn't move a muscle. Mingyu had to slap some sense into him just to get him focused on not only Lisa, but everyone in the group. And when Lisa bowed at him, greeting him as such, Jungkook stood frozen, like an idiot.

Their first meeting didn't go great, because of how awkward everyone felt when Jungkook wouldn't speak or move, but for him it was a meeting of a lifetime.

When she debuted as an idol, it got even harder for Jungkook because he would see her all the time. Not only him, but many idols and celebrities in the country would admire her beauty. He knew he had to do something quickly to capture her attention and Lisa sure made him work for it.

Now, he loves her more than anything in the world. He couldn't imagine his life without her. When he was younger, his mother always told him, "You must love a woman ten times more than she loves you. That's when you know, she is the one." It will always be like that until the day he dies.

Reminiscing on the past, Jungkook forgets about the present Lisa in front of him and looks to the side, while smiling. The figure in front of him tries to move close to him, but Jungkook shakes his arms around to make the thing stop moving.

"Jungkook. What are you looking at?" Lisa sternly asks while crossing her arms. "This is the third time you've looked to the same side. Is someone there besides you?"

Again, he looks up, then back to the phone.

"Four."

"Why are you worried? You said you weren't coming to see me, so if you want to find out, you have to come over." He smirked then laughed when he saw Lisa pouting her cute pink lips. Jungkook needed to tease her a little because maybe this push of frustration will finally make her come to his house.