8: The Prodigies [pt. 1]

AU: Lisa Manoban is an upcoming professional ice figure skater, but a secret scandal forced her to pack her bags, leaving Seoul to end up in small town, hoping to avoid the reality of her one, single mistake. Jeon Jungkook is a former ice figure skating world champion but a tragic accident destroyed his dreams of ever competing again so instead he manages a local ice rink in the middle of nowhere to swallow his sorrows.

*This short story will have 3 parts.

AGAIN, big thanks to h2hoe for the inspiring plot, I may have changed it a bit!

And the gold medal for the men's singles goes to Jeon Jungkook from South Korea!

He is making history at only 16 years old!

...

"He is unlike any contender we have seen in the men's game for a long time. People will be talking about him next to Yuzuru Hanyu as a standard for the future generation."

A legend in the making.

...

"Don't push yourself too much, Jungkook. Please talk to the trainer and get it checked out. Discomfort can turn into an injury."

"I have prepared for this moment, Namjoon. Nothing can stop me. Not even this."

...

The whole audience gasped, some howled, crying observing the young, Korean prodigy in action. Nerves and tension increased within the room, sorrowing for the man laying on the ice who had to stop performing for his home country during the 2030 Winter Olympics.

Agonizing pain was evident on his face. The paramedics on call and his staff ran to his side as he yelled with tears rushing down his face, clutching his knee, praying to Buddha the pain would disappear quickly.

He glanced around the room, meeting hundreds of eyes staring at him with pity. Embarrassment hit and his adrenaline was through the roof.

"I can still perform! Please let me go!"

Desperation in his voice echoed as he pleaded with coach to let him continue performing. The older man sighed, covering his face with his hand to hide the sadness he felt, viewing someone who is like a brother to him lose control of his emotions.

"Namjoon, please... it can't be over." His voice cracked, holding his head down in defeat. Namjoon wrapped his arms around the young man, hugging him because words would never heal his suffering while Jungkook bawled his eyes out on national television.

Too many times have people warned him about performing difficult routines with mass amounts of jumping, spinning, and flipping consistently — he wanted everything to be perfect. A little too perfect.

Apparently he's not perfect like everyone hyped him up to be.

How could he be so stupid? Fuck. He could barely think, his emotions heightened from stress of being seriously injured, especially on the big stage like this.

What if he can never perform again? Ice skating was all he had in this world, how could it do this to him?

Jungkook slammed his fists on the ice, annoyed and pissed at himself for being so reckless. Blood seeped from his fingernails, cracked from the impact of the ice, creating a small pool of red in front of him, not noticing the paramedic wrapping his knee with ice and placing his body on the white pram.

The seventeen year old laid on the stretcher as they begun to leave the building, most likely going to the hospital. Hearing the echoes of clapping in the arena, fans shouting his name — crying and begging him to get better — and the commentators imploring for good news.