2: Protection

"Love is a commitment to protecting another person's heart with the same passion you use to guard your own." - Rob Hill Sr.

01.01.2019

A dating scandal between two idols broke news throughout South Korea. Although the original couple paid off dispatch to avoid being exposed, BLACKPINK's Jennie and EXO's Kai became the next victims.

Members of BLACKPINK had a dating ban; however, within the last year it ended. Whoever the girls dated, the company did not care, but each member had to be honest about it with the CEO of YG entertainment and their staff. No one assumed the media would reveal Kim Jennie dating Kai, especially since her popularity in Korea was growing.

Jennie is not the only member in BLACKPINK dating. Sitting alone in her room distraught about the situation was Lisa Manoban. The blonde felt horrible because Lisa knew her situation was different. Lisa has protection because she is dating a certain someone and Jennie does not.

Jennie is a strong woman. She has gone through scandals before her debut and after her debut people accused her of being lazy and rude. None of the negative comments netizens or the media says about Jennie is true. Jennie is down to earth and would do anything for her members.

It has been hours since the news broke out and as a consequence, the BLACKPINK members all have a cell phone ban. In a few minutes, Lisa's manager is going to take her phone away.

Looking up at her white ceiling, Lisa laid on her bed thinking of what she should send to her boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook, a member of the famous KPOP group, BTS. Since the news, he continued to call and text her, but Lisa did not have time to speak to him.

Lisa took a deep breath to ease her mental state and her hands were shaking, but she knew this was important for her to do. Then, Lisa started to type.

JJ🐰💕

Instead of you always protecting me,
this time I am going to protect you.
I'm sorry, Jungkook, but this is goodbye.

Breaking up with Jungkook was necessary even if it felt like her heart broke into a million pieces. Lisa sent her message and then turned off her phone.

A few minutes later, Lisa heard a knock on her door, "Come in."

Her manager opened the door and smiled at her sadly, "It's time." He walked towards her bed and held his hand out.

The blonde gave him a soft smile in return and handed the phone to him. Her manager ruffled the top of her hair for encouragement and walked out of the room.

Lisa knew her manager was just doing his job and trying to make her feel better at the same time. In a brink of a few hours, her relationship with Jungkook was over and the Korean media was attacking Jennie because she is dating another idol.

Before she realized it, Lisa started to cry. The blonde held her hands over her face as she cried, so her members would not hear her. Tears continued to roll down her face for what felt like an hour until she finally fell asleep from exhaustion.
___________________________________

01.04.2019

Since that day, Jungkook has been depressed. After Lisa's text, he kept sending her messages and calling her but nothing would deliver.

Never in a million years did he expect Lisa to break up with him. But deep down inside, Jungkook knew he could not be self-centered and force her to be in a relationship with him, especially with a lot at risk.