8.2: The Prodigies [pt. 3]

Final part of this series. I think it's been 4 months?

Sorry it took very long. I wrote this chapter longer to make up for my delay. It's the longest chapter I have ever written so far for any of my stories.

There is smut somewhere in this story, so I will warn those who don't want to read it with some type of emoji.

BlackPink comeback next month?! Summer banger is coming! I missed them so much I cannot wait to see what concept they will come back with. Let's pray Lisa does not dye her hair lol.

Also, if you want to be friends or see my lame tweets on twitter, please follow me at aleowrites!

Anyways, please enjoy. Vote and/or comment if you liked this part. 🥺❣️

Thanks again for supporting me and this book!

September

The smell of coffee grinds and sweet pastries surrounded the store. Delicately, Lisa lifted her cup to her lips and sipped her coffee, trying not to make eye contact with the man across from her. He remembered her order — a caramel latte, no sugar and an extra shot of espresso with a little bit of whip cream on top. In that moment, a small smile escaped her lips and Lisa cursed herself for being so happy.

She tried to pay for her own drink, but Mingyu would not allow her. They argued about it for a few seconds, catching stares and remarks from customers saying how cute they were, but she decided to let it go, especially with him.

Currently, they are sitting at a table in the back of the cafe. Since Lisa is training in a small town, a lot of them barely know she is a professional ice skater, but just in case she chose the back corner to avoid any wandering eyes.

A million of thoughts were dancing in her head, taunting her. Ten minutes passed by and no words were spoken. Mingyu could tell she was uncomfortable, which was never his intention.

She still hates me. Mingyu sighed, feeling the anxiety in his throat rise.

Movement from her tongue poked against her cheek. Mingyu noticed her habit, something she constantly did while they were in a relationship. He knew she was nervous, especially with his sudden appearance. She started to fidget in her seat, which made Mingyu feel guilty for bombarding her when she was currently preparing for the Olympics.

Negative thoughts were clouding Lisa's head like a thunderstorm. Questions like, why is he here? Does he know what happened? Is he here to confront me? Darkness clouded her mine, afraid to hear the truth.

But, the blonde chewed his heart and spit it out like he was nothing. Mingyu traveled here just to see her. To talk to her. She owed him that much.

"Mingyu," she hesitantly whispered. He barely heard her squeak out his name, but he raised his head to see her brown eyes staring at him. Sadness engulfed her eyes. Something he never wanted to see since that day.

Lisa cleared her throat, trying to calm her own nerves, then spoke more clearly, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Right," he awkwardly scratched his head. "How are you doing?"

Lisa tightly gripped her cup unable to answer.

Fear emitted from her eyes, which forced him to continue talking. Believing it would make her feel more at ease. Mingyu awkwardly laughed, scratching his nape, "I am sure you are doing great! I heard from BamBam that you are in the Olympics this winter. Congratulations! Also, please forgive him for telling me where you are. I tricked him and you know that kid, he cannot keep a secret to save his life."