7.1: Cat Café

AU: Hipster Lisa and Businessman Jungkook go on their first date — she teaches him how to stick up for himself in the most unusual way.
*Part 2 of Leo.

This chapter is dedicated to tukkilisa who inspired me to write a second part! Hope you like it🥰☺️
___________________________________

"Mom, Dad." He inhaled in and slowly breathed out, feeling the air conditioner blow against his skin. The pressure was getting to him, agitated and nervous, almost shaking at the thought of standing up to his parents made him this scared. "I-I no longer want to work—."

The spit in his mouth was building a mountain against his throat, he could barely think straight and he painfully swallowed it and scoffed in embarrassment, "I cant do this. This is so weird."

The blonde in front of him groaned, frustrated at how babyish he was acting. Her arms were getting tired of holding the tabby and all black kittens acting like they were his parents and she extended them to his face which made him flinched back, still not used to the sight of cats at all. Although he has been spending time with Lisa, the presence of cats were still slightly unfamiliar to Jungkook, especially if they are not her pets.

Lisa sighed at his cowardliness and kissed the kittens on their heads, cooing at their cuteness then placed them on the ground. In a split second, her personality changed from sweet to wtf when she glared at Jungkook who felt defeated within himself.

She fixed her hard-rock bangs, which complimented her natural curly hair in a pony tail and styled with a yellow head band. The man watched her deeply sigh, lips pursed, probably thinking about how to fix his problems regarding his parents. At times, Jungkook felt so unworthy of her time and space because she was so spunky, outgoing, and free spirited while he is boring, quiet and enclosed in a world of business.

Comparing their clothes was even laughable. It was like he was the devil and she was an angel. Lisa was glowing in her denim suspender shorts, yellow and red tie-dye shirt, he swore she made just yesterday, and black doc martens to complete the look. Where as he was wearing a black t-shirt, he found deep in his closet of white long-sleeve dress shirts, black jeans that seemed pin-straight it was hard to sit down earlier and black causal shoes he had to buy today because he owns nothing else but dress shoes.

"Stop overthinking," she said softly and he thought his heart was going to pump out of his chest hearing her speak so sweet to him. "They may not be your parents, but if you want to stand up for yourself I think this is the best way to do it."

Jungkook scanned their surrounding. They were in a cat café in Hongdae because this is where she wanted to go for their first date. To be honest, he wanted to take her somewhere fancy and show her off to everyone, but she was not boujee or the type to gloat over what she is wearing. The Lisa he grew to get to know these past few weeks was nothing he like he imagined, but she was definitely refreshing. Unlike the girls he dated in the past, she did not care about materialistic things. She was the kind of girl who was satisfied with living in the moment instead of thinking about what would happen in the future.

"So, we are at a cat café because?"

"Because," she smiled, and Jungkook thought he heard fireworks going off in his head, "You are scared of cats, right?"

He frowned, not knowing where she was getting at, "I mean, I would not say scared."

"You literally looked scared shitless when I asked to go to a cat café for our first date," she cracked a small laugh and he wanted to kiss her until the sight of her smile disappeared from his head — basically never.