Chapter 14

"Fuck!" I hear as I come out of the bedroom. "Language, Kaiyo. Geez, you're just like your father." I said, walking into the dining room to find the indigo-haired 15-year-old boy sitting in a chair with his laptop. "Sorry. These idiots won't stop killing me." Kaiyo says, glancing at me for a second and then back at his computer screen.

His yellow-gold eyes focused on the game in front of him. "Your father should be here soon. I was going to start on dinner. You want anything specific?" I ask the 15-year-old again, walking over to the pantry. "Uh, we haven't had Shimi Chazuke for a while. Let's have that." Kaiyo says, now giving me his full attention.

"That's not a bad idea. Alright, make sure you aren't too loud if you're going to play games in here." I say, grabbing the ingredients to make the 2 boys their favorite dish. Earning a thumbs up, Kaiyo looks back at his computer screen and groans as he must've died again. I let out a quiet laugh, thinking that he was just like his father.

A spitting image of him, in fact. The only thing that was different was Kaiyo's eyes, which were the same as mine. I turn the stove on high and take out a pot, hoping that it would be good enough to cook. Everything else was dirty and I didn't have time to do the dishes today. "Mom, could you also cook some rice as well? I've been craving it."

"Yeah, that's fine." I replied back. Hearing a "thanks", I start to fill the pot up with water and place it over the heated stove. Waiting for the water to boil, I finally hear the front door open, and slam shut. "Dad's home."

"I have ears, child." I said, shutting Kaiyo up. "Fuck going to work. I'd rather quit." I hear, making me smile. Kunikuzushi then comes into view, walking into the kitchen. "What happened this time?" I ask, folding my arms with a smile. "Fucking Itto. That white-haired bitch is annoying." Kunikuzushi said, scowling at the mention of his name.

"You better have done your homework, Kaiyo."

"I have. Relax, dad."

"Hah?! Don't tell me to relax!" I pinch the bridge of my nose, now hearing them bicker. "Oh archons, please bless that they will shut up soon." I prayed, speaking loudly on purpose. The 2 boys stop and look at me with an offended expression. I cover my mouth and laugh, loving their expressions. It was the always the best.

"Dad started it." Kaiyo said, quickly pointing the finger at Kunikuzushi. "Listen here you little shit, don't pull that on me. You shouldn't follow in your mom's footsteps." Kunikuzushi says, placing a rough hand on Kaiyo's head of hair. "Knock it off. I'm cooking dinner and I'd like some... SILENCE." I said, turning around towards the stove.

"What are you cooking?" Kunikuzushi asks, now coming up from behind. I feel his arms wrap around my waist gently, looking over my shoulder to see what I was making. "Shimi Chazuke. Kaiyo wanted it. It's your favorite too so win-win." I replied back. "I'm also planning on making some rice."

Hearing Kunikuzushi hum, he lays his chin on my shoulder. "Gross." Kaiyo says, now speaking up at the position we were in. "You're gross. If you don't fucking like it, then leave." Kunikuzushi spat. "You do know that you're talking to your son, right?" I ask, laughing a little. "I very well know who I'm talking too."

I swear, it's been a long 15 years. I sometimes wonder how I survived living with Kunikuzushi. It got even tougher after having Kaiyo at 23. We got married right as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I was happy though. Aether would visit and even most of our friends would as well. Venti was always excited to hang out with Kaiyo.

"Kuni, you might need to let go. You could accidentally burn your hand." I say, trying to get him to move. Kunikuzushi never did though. "I had a long day at work, I deserve to hug my wife. Deal with it." Kunikuzushi says. I sigh and use a big spoon to stir the food. "So clingy." I could only smile though.

Moments like these are what make me not regret everything.

           =====

"Luminnne!"

"Ganyuuu!"

Ganyu and I run towards each other and embrace each other tightly. We may be 38 but we still act like children. "How is mom a grown adult?" I hear Kaiyo ask. "I heard that, Kaiyo!" I exclaim, letting go of Ganyu just to scold my son. We all decided to have a reunion today, which I was glad be a part of.

 Not everyone could make it though. "Kaiyooo!" The boy gasped dramatically and looked to the side, seeing the 2 braided haired male running at him. "Ventiiii!" Kaiyo yells, also running towards him with excitement. "Just like his mother. How annoying." Kunikuzushi says, placing a fist under his chin.

Venti and Kaiyo then embrace each other with the 2 braided haired male lifting Kaiyo up. "We used to do that. Sucks that we can't anymore." Ganyu says, pouting at Venti and Kaiyo. "And you ask if I'm a grown up." I say, placing both hands on my hips. "Hey guys!" The whole group was finally here.

It was so nice to see everyone again. It felt like it's been forever since we hung out like this. "We really are a weird bunch, don't you think?" Aether asks, leaning over to me. I laugh at his statement, hearing Ganyu say, "Definitely. But we are a family. Who cares if we're weird." That's right. Everyone that decided to stay are family.

I smiled, staring at every single one of my friends, not wanting this to end. Normally, friends would part ways and eventually forget. Not us though. We were a special bunch. I mean, my son's best friend is literally Venti. "Why don't we walk around like old times? Remember back in high school?" Venti says.

We all agreed, not wanting this day to go to waste. I stand up and grab onto Kunikuzushi's hand, pulling him with the group. The indigo-haired male only groans but still smiles. I knew that he enjoyed moments like these as well. "I wanna go there!" Hu Tao yells, forcing everyone to go to a weird coffin shop.

Life was crazy and it may get even crazier as we get older. But having Kunikuzushi by my side along with my amazing son, Kaiyo, I think we all should be able to get through anything. I wonder, if I hadn't met Kunikuzushi back in high school, if Ganyu hadn't confessed, would things still be the same as they are now? 

Or would fate bring us together? Either way, I'm grateful for everything that I have. I'm grateful that I met Kunikuzushi. Grateful that I had Kaiyo. Grateful to this life that I was given. I could smile through the days that seemed dark. I could cry and have at least one person by my side to lend me a shoulder.

Even as we die, our ghosts will live on and never forget everything that has happened. We will rest in peace and be remembered. "I love you all..." I whispered, smiling at everyone who were trying to get Hu Tao out of the coffin store. Feeling my hand being squeezed, I look up at Kunikuzushi who had a soft smile on his face.

"I love you too, Lumine." He says. I laugh, not thinking that he would hear me. "I said that to the group, not you. But I love you most so it's okay." I said, hugging his arm lovingly.

I believe that we'll all be okay. We can do anything as long as we have each other, right?