chapter twenty one • a new first

Ivy Matthews

Ivy Matthews

When I finally come to my senses in the morning I can already feel the cold red tip of my nose contrasting with the warmth of the rest of my body. I can feel every inch of my body being pressed up against Nathan, his warmth cocooning my whole body and making me feel safe and warm when everything else is freezing.

I try to wiggle out of his grasp to stretch but it only causes the arm wrapped around my stomach to tighten and a groan to come from the man sleeping next to me.

Another futile attempt is made to get out of his embrace before his head leans slightly closer and he grunts into my ear, sounding pained, "Ivy, Princess, Please for the love of god, stop moving."

My whole frame freezes up when I feel his hardness pressed against my butt and I squeak trying to jump away again but just bumping myself even closer to him if that was possible.

"Ivy." He groans again, still sounding pained with lust flowing through his voice.

The husky tone of his voice awakens something in my insides. It burns my whole body up and suddenly the blankets are too warm, and my clothes are too warm. The heat must also be messing with my head because I back up even further against him, grinding myself on his erection, the layers of clothes between us barely doing anything to conceal his desire.

His arm tightens to almost crushing proportions, "Ivy, What did I say? Stop moving."

"What if I don't want to stop?" My tone is breathy and filled with lust, I barely recognize myself. "What if I want to keep going?"

"Do you?" He asks in my ear, loosening his arms hold on my midsection to let me make the next move.

I finally open my eyes and use the newly found wiggle room to my advantage, turning myself around so I'm facing him. His eyes are still closed until I run my fingers through the thick hair on his scalp, pulling it off of his forehead.

Eyes that are much darker than normal and clouded over with lust meet mine and we stare at each other for a minute, my fingers frozen in his locks while his are still wrapped loosely around my midsection.

"Do you want to keep going, Princess?" He breaks the silence, dark eyes dropping to my lips for a split second before they return to mine.

"Does this answer your question?" I ask rhetorically before I join our lips together, morning breath and anything outside of this bed a mere afterthought to what's happening between us.

He responds right away, lips colliding with mine in passion, his strong arms pulling my body against him in haste so we are pressed against each other, his length now rubbing against my lower stomach.

"Are you sure we won't get interrupted this time?" He jokes against my lips, earning a throaty and barely audible laugh from me.

"It's Valentine's Day. We won't see my parents or my sister and her fiance until dinner." I connect our lips for a brief moment again and pull away, dropping my voice even lower than before and hoping it sounds seductive, "no interruptions, we have all day."