○ D E L I L A H ○

I KNEW LEO BEING FORCED OUT OF THE HOUSE WAS MY FAULT. I should've known my mom wouldn't have knocked- but what the hell do you expect from sixteen year old teenagers? Oh yes, we're going to hug and feel super risky if we held hands. Seriously, I hate her. 

If you didn't know already, she's my step mom. 

Maybe I should've made this clear, I'm a daughter of Athena. That horrid woman in that house is some weird excuse for my mom that my dad made up so we could live a life with a normal family. I held Leo's hand tightly as we navigated the busy circle of a corridor in the mall, both me and Rebecca's eyes scanning the signs for our desired store. 

We always knew exactly where it was, but being a daughter of Athena, you need to recalculate everything that's changed and also need to find out where you are and how long it will be until you reach your destination (I sound like a GPS). 

Rebecca shrieked beside me and I looked over to see a (fairly attractive) boy smirking at her. My eyes quickly followed her arms- he had smacked her ass. It took a minute before something clicked in my brain- Damian. "HEY LOSER, FUCK OFF!" I shouted behind my shoulder. Damian turned around and rolled his (very beautiful) hazel eyes. "Thanks, but I don't need your help," Rebecca grumbled. "Nah, you're my little sister, you always need my help," I smirked, messing up her hair. "Oi!" she said, smacking my hand. "So, where are we going?" Leo asked. "We're going to the most amazing store in the universe." "Why, because it's full of a bunch of you?" Leo smirked. Rebecca snorted and I chuckled, "That was a bad one, Valdez" "Yeah, whatever." 

•○•○•

I silently put my things in the car and turned towards Leo. "I'll just have a talk with my dad, okay? I-I I'm sorry I had to ruin everything," I said once I saw Rebecca get into the car, making her mostly able to not hear a thing I'm saying. He sighed and rubbed his neck, "It's okay, I mean, as long as I could still talk to you right?" I shrugged, looking over his elven features and leaned upwards, gently kissing his cheek. "Bye," I muttered. He smiled at me, walking away with his hands in his pockets. 

Swinging myself into the passenger seat, Rebecca glanced to see I was in the car and turned on some music. I sang along to the upbeat sound and depressing lyrics of one of my favorite bands (Me and Rebecca looked everywhere for Twenty One Pilots CDs, I'm happy we found them) as I watched other cars and buildings pass by.

When I got home, no matter how many times my mom even looked in my direction, I'd clearly emit the Please leave me the fuck alone I'm angry at you aura. This led to Rebecca whispering to me at dinner, "Your eyes turned scary, calm down." It took me a minute to process what did happen- and I remembered. 

When me and Rebecca were young, I always had a lot of fits because my step-mom always tried to stuff the rest of my food down my throat because I only ate half of what was on my plate. Every single time she even made a move towards my plate, I tried to glare at her. The first couple of times it didn't work, but when I was about nine or ten, I could sense the fear. My sister had told me my eyes went from being very very blue to very very stormy grey- a fierce storm ready to blast you a hundred miles. Of course, I've never seen my eyes look grey, but I always believed it from how people react.

I didn't even care. With hardly a quarter of my food in my stomach, I shoved my food away, quietly got out of my chair, and walked calmly to my room. I kept all my anger in a deadly silent tone, which I knew was one of the ways to get my mother frightened. I heard her whisper and I carried on my calm walk back to my room, not daring to turn around- to show hesitation. I'm not even that hungry, I thought. I opened the door and closed it, looking around my room.

Maybe it was okay to be a bit of a boy sometimes, though. Although I'm not exactly a big fan of hitting things. 

Seeing that the sun was ready to come down, I turned on my lamp. I don't know what it was, rather something in my childhood I don't remember or just my personality, but I'm extremely afraid of the dark. I can't even go into a dimly lit room without feeling paranoid. 

By dim, I mean like, you can kinda make out whats in the room, but most of it is completely covered in the shadows. I could hear a lot more of talking downstairs, and realized I was probably the one that brought the depressing storm cloud to the table. 

Woops. It just proves how enthusiastic and optimistic I am. 

Please note the sarcasm. 

I changed into some random shirt that looked really big and snuggly and crept into my blankets, closing my eyes and allowing sleep to pull me under it's magic spell.